For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1981 4 speed vette *Nice*

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Default 1981 4 speed vette *Nice*

1981 corvette
57,000 original miles
4 speed
matching motor and transmission
Cragar edge wheels 18*8.5 with Pirelli scorpion p-zero tires
Working AC, power windows, door locks, brakes, steering, mirrors, driver seat and antenna.
Stock interior dyed black from original navy blue
New carpet and mats
Complete front and rear suspension rebuild including new shocks and rear spring
New brake calipers painted red
New rear wheel bearings
New solid U-joints with balanced drive and half shafts
New AC condenser
New alternator
New clutch less than 1000 miles ago
New Chrome oil pan
New noisy cam gear drive
New door and t-top weather stripping
Many new little items not listed
Sony CD player, pioneer 6x9s in custom rear plates, infinity 4x6s dash speakers and bazooka tube with 4 channel Rockford Fosgate amplifier
Black magic electric fan
Edelbrock Performer 2101
Speed Demon 650 electric choke
MSD coil
Mallory distributor
Hooker headers true dual exhaust with no cats and flow master mufflers
Stock wheels in good condition with new chrome spinners and new Dunlap tires with less than 500 miles included
Stock intake, carburetor, computer, and valve covers included
No fluid leaks engine runs strong and has had no internal work done
To be perfect car would need better paint and a new dash.
Everything works except rear window defogger
I have taken a great deal of time to restore this car to its current condition but must now sell. The car is a southern car built in St. louis and has no rust. I have lots of pics and receipts for everything. Any questions let me know!

Asking $14,000

Old 04-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Default RE: 1981 4 speed vette *Nice*

jeremy,
let's start at the top
the numbers on the motor matched ONLY because someone used an engraving tool to change them on the motor
ac never held a charge
it had been severely wrecked on the front left and repaired poorly
the calibers had only been painted
the oil pan was incorrect and did not allow the sump to be completely submerged
door trim was not replaced
I had to have the motor pulled and all new gaskets put in because in leaked so bad
a new radiator(leaked)
new oil pan
the rear end needed new seals
I ended up trading it because of it being a piece of crap for less than half what I paid jeremy
sucker born every day
thanks for being honest

Old 04-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Default RE: 1981 4 speed vette *Nice*

First off let me say that all of this is a huge shock to me.

I can guarantee that I very honestly provided you all the info I had about the vehicle. I gave you the car fax I ran when I purchased the car that showed no collisions and it was never in an accident in my ownership except the small chip on the nose. How did you determine the block was incorrect? Was the mileage correct? If there was odometer changes I assume that is fraudulent and I can assure you I would never do anything like that and would love for the responsible party to be prosecuted as it makes me out to look like a crook.

On the other issues:
I never stated the radiator was new

The oil pan was correct via summit and I gave you the receipt and even called them to confirm and they indicated if it was wrong they would replace it free of charge, after you contacted me.

The brake calipers where new or rebuilt by a local mechanic. I know he completely replaced some of them and for the ones he didn’t he rebuilt fully. It was my understanding ones purchased from a parts store are rebuilt as well. I did paint them red on the car and have pictures showing my over spray. I didn’t even remove them to paint.

I never said I replaced the door panels although they did look it as the rest of the interior was blue at one point.

I am sorry for the questions as I feel extremely bad for the entire situation. But I truly feel I did not mislead you in anyway and never intended to sell you junk.

I put a lot of hard work into that car and I know I am very upset to hear that what I thought was a number matching car was not and all that time was wasted to only sell to someone who was disappointed and feels I intentionally misled them.

Again you have my sincere apologies.