For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1980 300TD (84K engine, 179K body) No Rust, 60+ pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Default 1980 300TD (84K engine, 179K body) No Rust, 60+ pictures!

I have my car up for sale on ebay right now, but I don't care if I sell it on ebay or here. I just have to sell it. Here is my description from ebay (there are lots more pictures on ebay, and links to the full hi-res pictures.):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

1980 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - 84K on engine, 179K on body
There is no reserve!

MUST SEE PICTURES! (60+ hires photos)
(Probably the largest and most detailed pictures you have seen on E-Bay!)
Excellent Shape, Low Miles, No Rust, Working Air Conditioning, Solid Car All Around
Specifics:
5- Cylinder, Automatic Transmission
Diesel Fuel : miles per gallon = 26 city & 31 hwy
Automatic Windows, Heat, Working A/C, Large Moon Roof, Radio, Cruise control
Title is clear, the car has never been in an accident to my knowledge.
VIN : WDB12319012017564

With the 60+ high-resolution photos, you can be absolutely confident on the car you are purchasing. I'm a long time honest E-Bay user and my feedback shows it.

Car History:
This car has been in AZ its entire life- except for the last year- during which it has been in Knoxville, TN. There is absolutely NO RUST anywhere! (See pictures! I took shots of areas where there is typically rust on these cars even if they don't appear to show it in other areas. There is no rust on this car!) It's had four owners. I've owned it for one year. The last owner was a friend of the family who took great care of his cars. He sold it because he moved to Germany to retire.

The engine was replaced at about 95K and the current odometer reading is 179K. The engine was replaced at a Mercedes dealer. (It was replaced two owners ago so I do not have any paperwork on that.) Its new engine has a low 84K on it! The odometer does work and is accurate. The engine runs smooth and strong. It does not have any blow by, does not smoke, or burn oil. The vacuum door locks are all in working order and engage properly when turning the key from the outside. This has always been a non-cigarette smoking car. The steering wheel has no play, the car drives stright on the interstate. The body is straight and true.

Except for routine maintenance, this car has been trouble free and a pleasure to drive! It has lots more life left. These cars are well known for their longevity. They were used in Germany as taxicabs and expected to last for well over 400K. I will include all maintenance papers from this past year, along with the repair manual.

The car is in fantastic condition, especially for a 26-year-old car! I've had the following replaced in the last year: left & right upper control arms, left & right lower ball joints, right motor mount, and the brake master cylinder. The valves have also been adjusted and the A/C has had Freon added.

Other small problems: the rear right window does not roll down (you can hear the motor engage when you press up though, so I assume it's a switch problem- it just stopped working this week); the rear windshield wiper does not work; there is a small dent below the back window, and on the passenger front door (see pictures); there is a scratch in the tint on the rear window - about 2 inches in length; the spring in the driver's side sun visor does not work - I've been using Velcro to secure it; the carpeting in the trunk is worn in areas and faded; the brake sensor light is on (however, the brakes are good, I just didn't get the sensor replaced); the dash is cracked, but is covered by a custom carpet cover; only some of the speakers work (front left and 1 or 2 in the rear); both front passenger and front driver side pockets on door are cracked; the drivers side has a piece of the kick board in the lower right cracked and missing (see picture #30...close up of the steering wheel angled to the left and down). I lost the fuel cap when I filled it up getting it ready for sale. Grrr. I just did that last week. (I will probably edit this if I find one cheap locally and replace it.) The rear axles and the rear accumulators (self leveling system) need to be replaced. (The axles are not broken, but the boots that hold the grease in are cracked and have leaked probably most of the grease.) It's best if this car is not taken on long trips without replacing the rear axles - excessive stress will eventually wear out the rear wheel bearings, which are expensive to replace. For this reason, if you live a long distance away, I recommend that a shipping company be used to pick up the car. Another option would be fixing the axles while the car is still here in Knoxville. The Mercedes mechanic I use here is excellent and very reasonable. I can get it done for you quickly and efficiently.

Please browse the pictures and contact me with any questions. I will reply promptly. If you'd like additional pictures, I'll be happy to take them for you and post them up with the current ones. If you'd like to talk to a Mercedes mechanic that has seen and worked on this car, that can also be arranged.
This car is for sale locally, and I reserve the right to end the auction early if there are no bids and a local buyer wants the car first. I will consider reasonable offers. The staring price is way below the value of this car, but I have to sell it.
A $200 deposit is required within 3 business days of the auction closing.
Contact me prior to bidding if you are concerned about shipping or arranging for pickup.

Contact me through ebay, or via ebay@crushftp.com, or my cell 865-300-2310.
I am in the eastern time zone.

Good luck!

[IMG]local://upfiles/11119/6A0D34AF975E4B8BBE97373974E70407.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11119/01D32559CD4E44C5B43639CD246B41D6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11119/A6362C53EC144EBF94CF5F14D601D16E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11119/73B6DE72457546ECA4567AE59E6D7C63.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11119/70106F0A51564178BD7F46762BF7913F.jpg[/IMG]