Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

worst car you ever owned

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006 | 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: worst car you ever owned

America do have some decent trucks but they seem so not give a crap when developing most of the cars.
And the Taurus is too plain for my taste. The Focus is ugly to me and too basic, and have way too much wind/tire/road noise even in the brand new ones. Are they out yet in the states?

Too bad Jaguar lost prestige points in the ford deal.

But then again, Bentley is owned by VW now and uses VW developed parts. Last Bentley owner I came across and told that info, he didn't want to hear it.

Old 02-22-2006 | 06:38 PM

... Taurus is too plain...
That's what makes it cheap and reliable, and it's what gives it its appeal to the masses. It hardly fits in here with a group of luxo-mobile lovers. I wouldn't expect anyone here to say they love the Taurus.

I call the Focus a F**kUs. Why not get a Civic instead?

Old 02-22-2006 | 07:14 PM

It is funny you mentioned the F-150 and the Taurus. I have had both in the recent years. I had the F-150 for 15 years and spent absolutely no money on repairs. I sold it in 2004 with 200,00 miles on it. It was a good one.

The Taurus...a different story. I have had a lot of problems with it. It has never been a car that I would suggest as a first choice or any choice. My wife chose to buy it and now she hates it. The salespeople must really work on the idea of everybody is buying them theory. I will be selling it next month. Not going to miss it, thats for sure.

Old 02-22-2006 | 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BlackWolf

America do have some decent trucks but they seem so not give a crap when developing most of the cars.
And the Taurus is too plain for my taste. The Focus is ugly to me and too basic, and have way too much wind/tire/road noise even in the brand new ones. Are they out yet in the states?
Are you asking if the Focus is out yet in the US? The Focus has been in the US since 2000.

Old 02-22-2006 | 08:50 PM

Ford isn't perfect and they certainly aren't immune to making lemons. That was never my point. I'm sure yours isn't the only Taurus from Hell.

Old 02-22-2006 | 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

They're relatively cheap and must be reliable.
Ford just had a recall on their F series due to "gas tanks falling off". Not to mention previous recalls for dozens of "engine fires". Why stop there when they had "the lowest safety rating for ANY truck period"?

Yeah, I agree they are cheap...and affordable...but I wouldn't go to the extent to call them reliable [&:]

-Matt-

Old 02-22-2006 | 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Want reliable call Subaru. Every person I know that has ever owned one would buy another and my parents owned 4 of them over time from 1978-2004 my dad never did not have at least one Subaru and if i have the space for a bunch more cars one would be on my list.

Old 02-22-2006 | 09:56 PM

You poor guys -- I've never owned a car I didn't like.

Old 02-22-2006 | 10:01 PM

Oh, poo. Where are all the F-Series trucks with no gas tanks because they fell off? You've never seen one have you? Me neither.

That recall is just like all other recalls. One or two or a few vehicles out of thousands and thousands or millions have a common problem and they conduct a recall because they were forced to by the government. How is this any different than any other recall?

Quit acting like Chicken Little.

Real trucks have never been "safe." They're still made rigid with no crumple zones and are exempt from most safety regulations.

Old 02-22-2006 | 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Like I said I've had five with no real problems. No dropped gas tanks. I have replaced u-joints on two of them $25 ea or less, no big deal.

I used to be a Scu-be-do wrench in the early 80's, great cars. At that time, Fuji Industries figured out how to build their cars with human hands touching the car only five times during construction. Take "that" union autoworkers. Probably why the cars are so consistantly good (but a little expensive).

Quick Reply: worst car you ever owned