Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Is Willie Nelson...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Default RE: Is Willie Nelson...

... Results: 1% of women and 2% of men appreciate those of the same sex-in a way that makes me gag.
Before you pillory the poll, I've seen this number come up in all polls ever since I can remember.
Well if it makes you "gag" then you've either got too large a partner, haven't practiced it enough, or you ain't doing it right. Start with something smaller like a popsicle and build up your gag reflex j/k

Seriously, I think the Kinsey study was more correct since it relied on something other than just some stupid questionairre poll that never do turn out true results (hence why they are never scientifically accepted). The Kinsey study found about 5% of the population totally gay, 5% totally straight, and the other 90% fall somewhere in between along a continuum. I am gay (probably in the 80th percentile range) cuz I was married for 8 years to a woman I found kind of attractive and still occasionally find the right girl kinda hot. That doesn't mean I suddenly turned gay, I was always this way, but was able to pretend not to be cuz there was enough of me in the middle to at least perform my way through it, and similar to Brokeback Mountain, that was 20 years ago when you couldn't be gay in rural America. Since I didn't want to be killed with a tire-iron (or similarly ridiculed) I married just to fit into rural Arkansas life.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

This is more then likely a stupid question, but who is Willie Nelson?

/flame suit activated

As for only 5% of the total population being totally straight, that's not suprising. It's easy to connect with the same sex personality wise and like the same things. Plus there's pleasure either which way I guess. Me, I'm straight, but I'm sure there's possibilites why a guy might under certain conditions would try another.

-Matt-

Old 02-19-2006, 10:49 PM

Here's a stupid question. Can you draw, sing, or dance?

Willie Nelson

Old 02-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Oh sh*t, I know who he is now. That guy is older then dirt..

-Matt-

Old 02-19-2006, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: AMGMercedes

Me, I'm straight, but I'm sure there's possibilites why a guy might under certain conditions would try another.
Yeah, I can think of one.....

Old 02-19-2006, 11:37 PM

Well if it makes you "gag" then you've either got too large a partner, haven't practiced it enough, or you ain't doing it right. Start with something smaller like a popsicle and build up your gag reflex j/k
That's rather funny. Guess I walked into that one. ( you don't have anything for "walked into that one" do you?)

Well, I have my opinion about why some are gay, but I'm not gay so I don't know if it is correct. However, what's most important, at least to me, is I don't harbor ill will or judgement for my gay bretheren. It just confuses me. Besides, I really don't like spending much time thinking about peoples sexual preferences. To me that is a small part of being human. Many don't agree with me on that point. Perhaps you don't?

Here is the poll I quoted from. As you can see-some are Bi and some have experimented. Not sure what to make of the "something else" category. That might make me go beyond gagging.