Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Is Willie Nelson...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Default Is Willie Nelson...

gay?

Old 02-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Is Willie Nelson...

after seeing the movie...YES!

Old 02-16-2006, 11:21 AM

Brokeback Willie...

Old 02-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Hm. The actors that play "gay" roles in movies are assumed to be gay in real life. Yet, if the media finds out that an actor turns down a role that is "gay", he or she is assumed to be homophobic.

Remember the time when movies was only ENTERTAINMENT as in not real, not true, just for pleasure, like a play. And the people who play the roles are only PORTRAYING a role? It is sad some people have a hard time telling the difference between reality and fiction.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:14 PM

Yeah, I guess so. But, I wasn't wondering about the actors in Brokeback Mountain or actors who accept or decline certain roles and how that reflects on their sexuality. I know Ledger and Gyllenhaal aren't gay.

I was wondering about Willie Nelson, irrespective of any movies. It would come as a shock to me to learn he is gay. Kinda like when I learned Rock Hudon and Montgomery Clift were gay.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:02 PM

Oh, I'd bet the house that Willie isn't gay. But you know most artists do tend to be more open-minded than the rest of us...

Old 02-17-2006, 08:56 PM

What do mean by artists being more open-minded than the rest of us? Do you mean they accept gays or being gay themselves more readily than non-artists or that they are more likely to be gay, or both?

Old 02-17-2006, 09:27 PM

Both, and that they're more likely to show interest in and/or explore something that's basically contrary to their nature. A lot of artists just crave experience, since that experience is often the basis of their art. Does that make any sense?

Old 02-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 02-17-2006, 10:24 PM

Sure. That makes sense, but I don't believe what you described is limited so much to artists. There are far more people who experiment than there are artists.

To repeat a point, I was shocked to learn that certain well-known entertainers were gay. I'm never shocked when a Joe Blow (no pun intended) comes out. I'm not a homphobe, but I am shocked at times by a famous person's contrariness, if you will.

My guess is that Willie Nelson is not gay, but I would no longer bet the house on it. I have my doubts now.

Quick Reply: Is Willie Nelson...