Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Will you do anyting different because of the price of gas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Will you do anyting different because of the price of gas?

Lug i could honestly care less what people think but i have also had my car vandalized cause the fact i drove it to a high school and it was the only Mercedes there. I went for a drive this afternoon in the 300sdl and people stared at it. Like it did not belong there and i have driven by those same houses b4 in the Rodeo and people don't even notice. Don't feel pity on me feel the pity for the people that can't handle someone else driving something that they feel is better than what they have. and as far as nasty *** neighbors don't get me started.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:48 PM

Well, you seemed to be saying you cared in your last post. And you care enough to notice people looking at you and try to figure out why they're looking and what they're thinking. I think you care a lot.

I get positive comments, when I get comments, when I drive the SL, Chevelle, or BelAir. It's usually a thumbs up or a stare. How can you tell that those people weren't admiring the 300 SDL? If a classic M-B drove past my house I'd watch it go by too.

What do you expect them to do, hold up ratings like Olympic judges do? If they don't hold up a "10" then you assume they want you to get your car out of town? And why the heck would they stare at a Rodeo going by? I wouldn't.

I've never had a negative comment or a thumbs down for the three cars I mentioned. So, maybe it's your ugly face? Yeah, okay. Just kidding about your face. I do pity you, though. Getting stared down by your nasty-*** neighbors can't be much fun... if that's what they're really doing.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Point well made. Sometimes i think i care also but at other times i don't might just be something in my crazy head.[sm=smiley29.gif] Cause i have gotten positve comments from people and negative. My parents always told me the negative comments are cause people are just jealous and i think i agree cause they come from people that normally are driving something less expensive and the postive come from people from both higher and lower social classes. What do u think?

I personally look at cars that look well maintained no matter what they are. Cause its obvious to me that the people care enough about there cars to make them look good if its an old truck or a new sports car.

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

Well, you seemed to be saying you cared in your last post. And you care enough to notice people looking at you and try to figure out why they're looking and what they're thinking. I think you care a lot.

I get positive comments, when I get comments, when I drive the SL, Chevelle, or BelAir. It's usually a thumbs up or a stare. How can you tell that those people weren't admiring the 300 SDL? If a classic M-B drove past my house I'd watch it go by too.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:52 AM

... negative comments are cause people are just jealous... and the postive come from people from both higher and lower social classes.
It's jealousy for sure that prompts a negative comment. I don't think social class has much to do with it. A positive comment shows "class" that rises beyond any social class.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

A positive comment shows "class" that rises beyond any social class.
Thats the point i was trying to get across but u worded it better than i did.

AND once again u and i have stolen someone elses thread. [sm=guilty.gif]

Old 04-24-2006, 12:29 PM

My hands are empty. I haven't stolen anything. Whenever anyone wants to go back on topic, I won't stop them. These are "sidebars," not thefts.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think the topic is too far off base, because the gas price causes tempers to rise resulting in the type of feelings discussed.

Some with ride their motorcycle, some will protest, some will have to be careful that their car doesn't get vandalized. I'll be in the latter group, because I'm afraid of motorcycles.

Charles

Old 04-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Will you do anything different because of the price of gas?

Ah yes, locking gas caps, lines to get gas, being able to purchase it only on odd or even days... the '70's are coming back. All we need is a BeeGee's reunion tour.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:23 AM

All we need is a BeeGee's reunion tour.
Oh, gawd! You mean disco "music" would be coming back?

Old 04-25-2006, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not doing anything different because of the price of gas. At least not yet and not until they come out with a car that is not some small death trap that's good on gas, that has a design like someone at least put a slightest thought into it, quiet interior, nice smooth ride,... ah forget it. When they come out with a car like a Mercedes, BMW or at least Cadillac that gets somewhere near Pius mileage, then I will change. Until then, gas mileage is not really top priority when choosing a car. It's like somewhere down there with cupholders. Comfort comes first and if I must pay a little bit more for that comfort, then so be it. Comfort is expensive in today's world.

Quick Reply: Will you do anyting different because of the price of gas?