Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

Exactly take care of ur stuff and it will take care of you!

sent u PM about the truck

Old 01-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Default RE: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

I hate reading about being older than someone's parents![sm=smiley26.gif]

Under, 'I wish I knew then what I know' now heading I can see the advantage kids have in today's information age. Was it better to be a kid in the 50's & 60's? Is it better now? I have no idea and I doubt anyone else does either.

Since this is an automotive forum: One of the things we oldtimers got to see that kids today see very little of was the annual model year change of vehicle appearances. I knew I was going to be auto centric in the late fifties and early sixities when I startedlooking forward to late September and early October when the new models came out. This was almost as good as Christmas![sm=roll.gif]

My brother and I used to ride to the Cape and New Hampshirein the back seat of the station wagon with the dog, all three of us right up against the open tailgate window which dad kept up about an inch so the tailgate couldn't be opened accidentally and bounce us out onto the highway.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:36 AM

Thank you. Clever and creative and true. I used to call up to the second floorapartment of my friend - HEY NORMAN, progressively louder until his 78 year old Italian grandma would come to the door at the top of the stairs and yell down, "Hey Joey ! Shadup you mout. Heza puttin on hiz sox.Comin right away, so shadup." We'd go to the nearby neighborhood park where I once shot him in the forearm with a target arrow. We both thought that it was very cool. Years later he dropped out of high school, joined the Navy, got a GED and has led a very productive and successful life in business for himself based on the skills that he learned in the Navy. We still laugh about the day I shot him.
We tell tell his Mom about it that night over a bowl of home made
rigatoni, and yes she did say, You boys need to be more careful, you could have put his eye out. Here have more gravy." Thanks again.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:29 AM

I am a child of the 60's. I am now 40 years old. Never had a game system until we purchased one for our boys (they were 12 & 10 when we bought it). I taught them to ride bikes and climb trees, fish, camp out in a tent or without one at all and play in the rain. Of course I have also taught them how to bake cookies as well. That was the most fun, playing in the rain durring the summer and sliding in the mud! And when my boys grace me with grandchildren, (at least 20 years from now - they are 19 & 17) I will be out there teaching them how to play in the rain and slide in the mud and bake cookies of course.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:40 PM

I think I would have enjoyed being born during that time period. Seriously. Now-a-days...everything is too "risky". I live my life how I want, but God...the world has turned against having stay-at-home mom's where dad goes off to work, mom takes care of the house, kids, & cooking & life was grand! Of course, I would have rebelled here and there, but it probably beats working for the public!