New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Default Please help

Hi there guys and girls,

I have absolutley loved old 108 mercs all my life and I still own the one my grandfather drove out of the factory in 1967

I have spent the last couple of years restoring this car after my father let it run down into a very very sad state. I have done all the work in my own garage myself excluding the final top coat of paint

I have entered the car in a nationwide online competion to find New Zealands most 'minted' car.

Not many people down this way appreciate quality german steel so I was wondering if I could enlist the help of some of you guys to boost my car up the ratings.

My car is up against other vehicles which have had hundreds of thousands of dollars spent. The difference is that my car is primarily down to my skill. I have only spent another 6000 on it. All in all I have poured over 600 hours of my own time into the project so far.

You can have a look at some detailed photos of it on
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyburnsnz

The web site to vote for the cars is
http://www.myminter.co.nz/Register.aspx

You have to register before you can vote as they need to send an activation email back to you to stop people voting 1000 times.

Once on the site you can vote for more than one cars. I have also entered my 1971 BMW 2002tii. I would appreciate your vote on that one as well. You can vote for more than one car.

Anyway I would be really appreciative of any support at all.

LETS PUT THE 108 ON TOP WHERE IT BELONGS.

Cheers

Andy Burns