New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

i have a problem, please help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Default i have a problem, please help me!!!

Ok, so i left my sunroof cracked a little bit, we had a down pour, bottomline, i started the car, the gears wouldn't shift, from Park to Drive, i called Service, they advised me to do a manual gear switch, so i did that, then i parked the car, and i tried to start it again, it said "start error" i am very concenred, i hope this did not cause alot of damage, who would of known water damage can be possible on a Benz? i am so stressed i need someone to please help me, the water seeped into where the gear switches, thanks!!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Default RE: i have a problem, please help me!!!

First off 3 posts are not needed!
Electrical componets can get wet, BUT should be dried before before powering. You may of burned up some componets due to it still was wet when you tried to use it. As now you have a error. If possible to save it disconnect the battery and dry the car out use a hair dryer and blow hot air you need All of the moisture out. Reconnect the battery if it doesn't work you need more help then I can give you.

87 300D

Old 08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Default RE: i have a problem, please help me!!!

hmmm.. thanks, i never disconnected the battery before, but i am going to blow dry it a little, it said start error, but i got it started a little, it was in leap home mode or some bs, i cant go more then 40mph, i hope ic anf ix this bro