New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

I thought I'd find pride among you owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Default I thought I'd find pride among you owners

Now that the title got your attention, perhaps I was posting this in the wrong section. I got better responses on BMW forums. Not doin too well pulling for the company here. Don't prove the stereotype right - that is MB is for unenthusiastic middle-age corporate stiffs. I WANT people to sell me the car being in sales and noone is (not even the sales person at the dealership).

Forum Memebers:

I'm a potential buyer of aC300. Coincidently I feel it's an entry into the world of Mercedes automobile. I'm sure you can understand a little reluctance in asking questions here becuase answers may be biased towards MB of course.

I'm concerned with all the news and stories I hear about the mechanical problems of their cars.The navigation screen for instance; How it is motorized and rises out from under the flap on the dashboard. Motors broken in two years?not covered under warranty down the roadand having to shell out money for it?
How about the *** used to control the navigation and the screen. How do you like it?It seems comparible to BMW's iDrive whichrecieved a lot of complaints when it debuted in the 8 series if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks

Old 08-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I thought I'd find pride among you owners

The coolest thing about my CLK is that it's the same color as my washer and dryer, so the touch-up paint is the same. There's no telling how much money that has saved me. The washer tranny has already been replaced once,mostly because the house-keeper over-loaded it, but the CLK is on the original tranny. One design issue I have is that coins jingle out of my pockets and roll under the seats never to be found. Has anyone else noticed that?

Blue

Old 08-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Default RE: I thought I'd find pride among you owners

the c300 is a nice car but all cars have there little things wrong with them and its all how u take care of them.