Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Brake lights come on - Limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Unhappy Brake lights come on - Limp mode

2001 SLK 230
Lately, my mercedes goes into limp mode after the ABS, ESP/BAS, and brake lights all turn on my dash. The car will be driving fine and then all of a sudden, the lights come on and the car goes into limp mode. I then turn off the car and when I start up again, the brake lights on the dash are off and then again turn-on again later while driving. Sometimes, the check engine light also comes on and sometimes it just stays off. When I retrieved the codes with my OBD scanner, I get the following codes: 0720 Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction, 0600 Serial Comm Link Malfunction, and P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction Bank1 Sensor1. I changed the brakes and rotors September of 2007, so I went ahead and put new front and rear pads on the car a couple of days ago. I drove the car and again the lights came back on after 2 days. Can anybody offer any help or suggestions?

Thanks,
Abel

Last edited by xousabe; 08-07-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:02 AM

did you ever figure it out--I have same issue

Old 10-23-2012, 04:47 PM

My Mercedes Ml 320 suv had 62000 miles. I am from Chicago, Illinois. New Frond Brake, Pad, oil recently. For the last few months, my car acting strangely heard noice, then yellow triangle light came on and after that disappear bas/esp came on, If bas/esp will not came on, car will not move or run. I prefer the bas/esp is on so i do not have to worry and will not experience such situation. Very scarry when you are driving on the main street or expressway. I found out there is a recall of brake pedal switch or light so I bring the car in Lincolnwood mercedes dealer. They replaced and they told me if it come out, returned back to the dealer. On the nite i am driving, car is acting again and bas/esp came out thruout until you turned off the car. I called the dealer and returned back and they told me brake switch although one of my friend's mechanic did diagnostic and told me that it s the replacement switch that is defective but per the dealer, is not defective and i had to pay $125.00 for diagnostic code. I am paging National Safety Transportation to investigate this and i am sure those car are not fixed and gave a lots of problem to the owner and even accident. I felt so nervous when i am driving it. Is there anybody there who can give me the right answer, even any mechanics who had a client of this situation and he was able to fixed it..
Do we need cooling flush, new tune up,etc.