Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

oil pressure light

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Default oil pressure light

I noticed on a test drive of my 300sl the oil light only comes on when you accelerate hard and goes off when ease off and drive normal, there is good oil level pressure what can it be ? Is it a electrical issue ? Also when indicating the seat belt light come on for a few seconds odd one that.The car has been standing for a while,every thing else works perfect

Old 12-14-2014, 10:00 PM

There should be a oil pressure gauge and an oil level light. Is it the oil level light that's on? does it also come on around turns? the oil level sensor is inside the oil pan on drivers side. pull wire, with an ohm meter test sensor pin to ground. if over 0.10 ohms replace. doubtful, maybe a bad wire to instrument cluster. the puzzle, why does your seat-belt light come on? you don't have any signs of mice? I know the first thing you've done is check your oil level?

Last edited by brookings; 12-15-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Default oil pressure light

Originally Posted by brookings
There should be a oil pressure gauge and an oil level light. Is it the oil level light that's on? does it also come on around turns? the oil level sensor is inside the oil pan on drivers side. pull wire, with an ohm meter test sensor pin to ground. if over 0.10 ohms replace. doubtful, maybe a bad wire to instrument cluster. the puzzle, why does your seat-belt light come on? you don't have any signs of mice? I know the first thing you've done is check your oil level?
The oil pressure gauge with the light within it only goes on when accelerating hard the needle goes down and the light comes on, it does not come on when you corner. but when driving normal everything is ok pressure gauge is at normal level,the oil level is ok to.
I'll have to check the oil sensor and if it is the sensor is it costly to change ?
Electrical problems with the seatbelt light is odd maybe shorting or damp has been standing a while.
Other than that I'll have to put some cheese down and catch the mouse and have a chat with him.