Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

04 SL500, door won't open , hard top won't come down please help stuck!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Unhappy 04 SL500, door won't open , hard top won't come down please help stuck!

My car was sitting for about 5 months i changed both materies and got the oil changed.

The car runs fine, when I sue the clicker the lights flash liek its responding but with the key or inside the car I can't get the door to lock on unlock. I tried pulling the hard top down its telling me "Close Trunk Lid" but its closed

what I did

1. checked under passenger side storage unit and 20am fuse was blown... replaced it

2. checked all Central Locking Fuses .. they were fine

3. Went where the pump is in the trunk, unscrewed the 4 bolts holding it down, pulled it out dis connected the 2 power bales coming in to it plugged it back in .. still nothing.. the pump looks clean and those 2 power cables looked fine to me.. under it there was a black box.. was I suppose to open that box?

thank you so much for your help!

Old 02-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Did you ever figure this out? have a similar problem with my 06 SL500, dealer says pump motor is gone.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by eliteproxy
My car was sitting for about 5 months i changed both materies and got the oil changed.

The car runs fine, when I sue the clicker the lights flash liek its responding but with the key or inside the car I can't get the door to lock on unlock. I tried pulling the hard top down its telling me "Close Trunk Lid" but its closed

what I did

1. checked under passenger side storage unit and 20am fuse was blown... replaced it

2. checked all Central Locking Fuses .. they were fine

3. Went where the pump is in the trunk, unscrewed the 4 bolts holding it down, pulled it out dis connected the 2 power bales coming in to it plugged it back in .. still nothing.. the pump looks clean and those 2 power cables looked fine to me.. under it there was a black box.. was I suppose to open that box?

thank you so much for your help!
if it says trunk lid open then the lid is probably open.although it my look closed. most likely you have an issue with the pse pump not pulling down the trunk lid fully. usually caused by a leak in some lines someplace. you gotta check the basics first..make sure all switches are working...if you are not geting a cluster messagethen you have some other issue. but if its telling you to close the trunk lid...gota start there first.