Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

New window switch opens front windows all the way.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 09:44 PM
Default New window switch opens front windows all the way.

My driver side window switch got bad, wouldn't close the window anymore, only opens it. So, I got a new switch board and replaced the old one, but the new one does not open the front windows down partially, like the old switch used to do, once you press the button it open all the way, and only after that you can move the window up to the place where you want it to be.
I thought the problem was with that particular switch and replaced it, but the replacement does exactly the same thing.
So, I guess this is the way they are designed... But if it is raining or snowing I can't open the window partially, I have to open it all the way anyway to move it up, to be where I want it to.
This happens only with the front (driver and passenger) windows, the rear windows go up and down as much as needed.
Question: Is this how they make new windows switchers now a days, or both switchers are faulty (which is hard to imagine because they do it only with the front windows), or there is some adjustment to the switcher that I haven't found?
Thank you.