Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

Accelerator pedal doesn't work at times

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Default Accelerator pedal doesn't work at times

2105 Mercedes ML-350
Really weird. It only happens to me . . . never my wife. AND IT'S HER DAILY DRIVER!
When I press the accelerator pedal, sometimes nothing happens. Most of the time, it operates normally and the car engine makes power and the car moves forward. But occasionally, I press and nothing!

It only seems to happen when I'm rolling very slowly and am turning right, like accelerating into a right turn. Doesn't have to be a hard right turn, a few degrees of steering to the right seems to be associated with the issue, though. I originally

I originally thought that maybe my tennis shoe sole was catching on the transmission tunnel. So I consciously offset my foot away from the tunnel. No interference at all with the carpet on the tunnel but the issue still happens.

I cannot induce the issue. It only does it when it wants to.

This evening, I drove her car. When I pulled into the parking lot of my destination, I applied pressure to the accelerator pedal. NOTHING! Kept pushing slowly until the pedal was mashed to the floor. NOTHING.
I let off the pedal and then slowly pressed again. NOTHING. Slowly pressed all the way to the floor and held it there. NOTHING. Then, as expected because of this same issue previously, the car lurches forward under full throttle. Of course, I'm expecting it so I'm also ready with the brake.

Wifey says that it's never happened to her. It happens to me at least once or twice per drive. I can't explain why she's never experienced it.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

Old 11-20-2017, 12:27 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum - I've read about this issue before and if you do a google search you'll find others with an ML and this happening. Did you recently change the battery on the car? Is the BAS/ESP light on as well?

Old 11-20-2017, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Hello and welcome to the forum - I've read about this issue before and if you do a google search you'll find others with an ML and this happening. Did you recently change the battery on the car? Is the BAS/ESP light on as well?
Thank you very much for your reply.
No, nothing has been done since buying the car from Mercedes. Just their regular scheduled maintenance is all.

I'll try googling again. It's hard to google a symptom without getting a million responses that aren't what I'm looking for.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by DFWKen
Thank you very much for your reply.
No, nothing has been done since buying the car from Mercedes. Just their regular scheduled maintenance is all.

I'll try googling again. It's hard to google a symptom without getting a million responses that aren't what I'm looking for.
Completely understandable - from what I've read, this issue randomly happens when changing the battery. I haven't found other instances of this occurring otherwise.