Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeak on drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Default Squeak on drivers side

I have a 2003 E500 and there is a squeaking coming from the drivers side. It happens when the doors opens and every time driving when going over a bump in the road. Only noticeable when the window is down when driving but very noticeable nonetheless. Could it be the suspension or something serious? Thanks.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:29 AM
Default RE: Squeak on drivers side

I also have an E500 that makes a squeaking noise on the front driver's side. It seems to only occur when I drive over significant bumps. I have taken it in to the dealer and had the sway bar and uper control arm replaced, but the squeaking noise remains. I have taken my car to the dealer for the third time just recently. I hope that the third time is a charm. If the problem is solved, I will share the details of the solution. If anyone has experienced a similar problem and knows the solution please post it. This would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 PM

IT has to be the ball joint..nothing else.Check it out or for safety matter change it and saty safe.....if the noise comes from the strut ,is no a problem but my experience tells me it is the ball joint

Old 10-28-2006, 05:20 AM

Thank you for the advice. I just got my car back from the dealer today and it appears to be fixed. I asked the service tech. what they did and they told me that they replaced the front lower ball joints and the right and left lower steering knuckle. I guess your advice was right on the money. Thanks again (liberec). I hope this information helps another E500 owner with the similar squeaking problem.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:25 PM

You are very welcome.

One thing you remeber.A car is like a human body if you hear or you feel anything is different from usual It is the starting of a problem and better check it the sooner the better.

You mentioned the knuckles..may be you meant the tie rods...I usually go online to see the info and buy things from the dealer and take them to a trusted mechanic to put them on.....cost me usually half what the dealer charges...if he changed the tie rods ..check if the car stay straight when driving it..Usually after changing the tie rod..you go for aligment...again do it somehwre else at a tire shop ..70 dollars.
I hope you stay safe and good luck