Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions & Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Default Questions & Problems

Hello everybody,
I need some help here.
The Misses just got a 2004 E 320 Wagon with 35,000 miles on it.
The Car was from Georgia and perhaps does not like the MN winter but several things have happend that I do not understand.
I took the car to the Mercedes dealer to have the alignment checked and was told several other problems.
One of the real shock's needs replacement since it is leaking, there is also a leak on a grommet that goes in the transmission. The dealer did not seem to be surprised that this has happend on a car with less than 40,000 miles. Oh yes, the warrenty expried at the end of December also, so there is no help from Mercedes.
Now, a few days later the fuel gage stopped working and is reading empty even when full and the remote key entry does not work anymore. For the last one I replaced the batterys in both remotes but no luck.
What is going on? Has anybody any clue or ever heared about anything like this. I do not know how many cars I had but never one where the fuel gage stopped working.

Any help is greatly appriciated

Thanks TK

Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Default RE: Questions & Problems

Hey TK!

Try disconnecting the battery for a few moments. I am not sure if the 04 has the little plastic plate in the rear passenger side footwell for the negative cable disconnect or not. At any rate, I know a lot of "electrical" problems can be solved in the short term like this. It basically does a "Ctrl-Alt-Del" on your car. Disconnect the negative cable, depress the brake pedal a few times. Count to 60 and reconnect. That solved my remote problems and seat adjustment issues. As for the other stuff try this websearch:

www.everythingbenz.com

It goes out to a whole bunch of forums and other sources as well. Good luck and keep us notified!

Old 01-29-2008, 01:07 AM

Man I hate to hear you are having these problems ... I've got mine too. Kinda surprised that MB seems to be eat up with probs, but ... mine was bought in Alabama but came from GA too. Action there gets a lot of Fleet lease vehicles from Florida. Hope nothing else turns up bad! I have front end probs

Hope you bought an extended Silver or Platinum warantee!

Old 02-02-2008, 10:03 AM

Well, it warmed up to about 30F in MN. The Misses did not drive the car and it was sitting in a garage for a while. I disconnected the battery and in fact that did reset the fuel gage and it is working again. It did reset all other settings as well but the fuel gage is working.

There is one other problem. The rear washer does not deliver washer fluid to the window. It does seem that the line from the front to the rear is broken. I filled the container several times and when the pumps runns it does empty the container. I did not find a puddle on the ground. Any clue where the line to the rear is routed?

Thanks again for all the help

TK