Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 300TD owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Default New 300TD owner

I just picked up an 87 300TD. I've already ordered up the shop manual and the bible(for quick reference/simpler things/general understanding). Not new to diesels, just Mercedes. Can you guys clue me into who the good parts suppliers are? I don't buy c.r.a.p. (chinese replacement auto parts), so I'd appreciate info on who pedals it, so I can avoid them. TIA.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bernhardt
I just picked up an 87 300TD. I've already ordered up the shop manual and the bible(for quick reference/simpler things/general understanding). Not new to diesels, just Mercedes. Can you guys clue me into who the good parts suppliers are? I don't buy c.r.a.p. (chinese replacement auto parts), so I'd appreciate info on who pedals it, so I can avoid them. TIA.
I always try eBay first for parts. It's amazing how often you can find what you need at rock-bottom prices. I have an 87 300D Turbo with 225,000 miles. Most recently the ignition switch had worn out and had to replace it with C.R.A.P. :-) It works too, but my old keys fit in the new lock also and now I have 4 keys, two of which, (the new ones,) will not open the dors. :-))) If I was you, I would run the engine up to 4,000 RPM in third. If the speeed goes right up you probably have no problem with fuel flow, otherwise make sure that both fuel filters are clean and that the fuel screen in the tank is not clogged. Then I would disconnect the rubber fuel line upstream from the pre-filter and make sure fuel is running out of it. Mine had finally collapsed under pump suction, no fuel came through and the engine refused to start.

Last edited by Friedolin; 03-29-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typos
Old 04-05-2012, 02:08 AM

Well, I have found one place I'm not too impressed with so far. Mercedesmanuals.com is SLOW! They shipped half of the stuff I ordered from them(I think it took them over a week to even ship it, though they do state that it may take them a while to ship.), and two weeks after I told them I want the rest of the stuff, I still don't have it.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Default Answer

Originally Posted by Bernhardt
Well, I have found one place I'm not too impressed with so far. Mercedesmanuals.com is SLOW! They shipped half of the stuff I ordered from them(I think it took them over a week to even ship it, though they do state that it may take them a while to ship.), and two weeks after I told them I want the rest of the stuff, I still don't have it.
FYI:
The factory manual is FREE.
http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/o...tedDocId=12264

I suggest you call us when you need parts.

Roy@PelicanParts.com

Last edited by PelicanParts.com; 06-14-2012 at 01:33 AM.