Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Battery & ABS/BAS Lights HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Default Dead Battery & ABS/BAS Lights HELP PLEASE

The wife left the lights on (2001 E320) and drained the battery. After a small charge I was able to get the car started, but the ABS and BAS lights are now on. How can I reset these? Thanks...

Old 02-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Default RE: Dead Battery & ABS/BAS Lights HELP PLEASE

there is a sensor in the steering wheel, and when the battery is drain or the power is removed from the sensor. it clears its memory, and doesnt know its postion used by the bas and abs systems. just turn the steering wheel to left and right a couple times and it should clear. the windows have also be resynchronized. just hold the window button up for 2-3 seconds and you will here the window motor click and its done. the sunroof also need to be taught in, push the button up for 3 seconds and you will also here the motor click and its done.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Tronics

there is a sensor in the steering wheel, and when the battery is drain or the power is removed from the sensor. it clears its memory, and doesnt know its postion used by the bas and abs systems. just turn the steering wheel to left and right a couple times and it should clear. the windows have also be resynchronized. just hold the window button up for 2-3 seconds and you will here the window motor click and its done. the sunroof also need to be taught in, push the button up for 3 seconds and you will also here the motor click and its done.
Thanks bro... all is wonderful again...

Old 03-21-2007, 02:51 PM

Hi Randy,

Do you have the procedure for resetting the ABS and ASR alarms?
I understand that removing the battery (+) cable is one possible way.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 97420mb

Hi Randy,

If youre talking about the warning lights, they reset by themselves after a bit... the windows were the only thing i had to actually reset...

Old 03-26-2007, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: randy78045

ORIGINAL: 97420mb

Hi Randy,

If youre talking about the warning lights, they reset by themselves after a bit... the windows were the only thing i had to actually reset...
You might wanna reset the following items as listed below aside from your windows, hope this helps.
Here is a comprehensive list of all items that need (or may need) to be synchronized after loss of power (i.e., battery disconnect):

Synchronizing Head Restraints:

If the power supply was interrupted (battery
disconnected or empty), the head restraints are no
longer adjusted automatically. To resynchronize the adjustment feature, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move the seat completely forward and the head restraint fully down, and hold respective buttons for approximately two seconds.

Synchronizing power windows:

disconnected or low), the windows cannot be opened or
closed by the Express feature. To resynchronize the express feature, press <close> side of power window switch to resistance point until the window is completely closed and hold for additional 2 seconds. Repeat procedure for each window. The automatic full opening and closing procedure of the windows should now be restored.

Synchronizing sliding/pop-up roof:

disconnected or low), or if the sliding/pop-up roof is blocked during closing/opening procedure, the system has to be synchronized. To do so, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move and hold switch in direction (3), until the sliding/pop-up roof is completely raised at rear, and
hold for additional 1 second.

Synchronizing ESP:

disconnected or empty), the BAS/ESP malfunction
indicator lamp may be illuminated with the engine
running. Turn steering wheel completely to the left and then to the right. The BAS/ESP malfunction indicator lamp should go out.

Synchronizing remote control:

The remote control may have to be resynchronized, if
the vehicle cannot be locked or unlocked. To synchronize insert electronic key in steering lock.
The remote control should once again be operational.
[/align]
[/align]Take care & enjoy the ride,
[/align]JOE55

Old 03-26-2007, 08:38 PM

Thanks Joe... I printed your response an put it with my owners manual... I figure it will come in handy one day... the ol' battery isnt going to last forever...

Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: randy78045

Thanks Joe... I printed your response an put it with my owners manual... I figure it will come in handy one day... the ol' battery isnt going to last forever...
You're welcome, Btw just an FYI- if the battery voltage was dropping down under 10 volts at times which is the threshold for the ESP/BAS system according to the Owners Manual