Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm problem on '99 E320

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Question Alarm problem on '99 E320

Hello All

Halfway through the State inspection on my car my mechanic said the alarm began going off everytime he would open the doors even though the unlock button was pressed on the key. Also the hood would not latch. It seemed that it was stuck in 'armed' mode despite doors and the hood being open. Doors would lock and unlock as normal with the key.

He finally got the hood to close but the alarm still will not disarm. As soon as I open a door or trunk or the hood, the siren will sound and the lights flash. I have to open the door and hurry up and hit the lock button on the key to stop the alarm. This is the only thing that will silence it...hitting the unlock button or even putting the key in the ignition and starting the car will not stop the alarm.

The red light on the tow away button on the dash is always flashing whether the car is locked, unlocked, or driving.

I will also add that both front door ECM's are intermittent but they have been that way for the past 6 mo. and never caused an alarm issue....some days the windows work, some days they don't. Is there a reset for the alarm???

Thanks!!