Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

Would Appreciate Feedback On Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Default Would Appreciate Feedback On Repairs

I have 2001 CLK 430 with $165K Miles. I've had it for about 6 years and I've been pretty lucky with repairs thus far. I've had a lot of the common repairs come up; MAF, CPS, etc. All fixed with for minimal headache.

I've also had the same alarm problem a lot of people seem to have as well (flashing lights, no siren, etc). I also had trouble locking the the driver door with the metal key, so I brought it to the dealer today out of convenience.

I ended getting a laundry list of needed repairs (attached). Some of these repairs aren't a major concern because they are either; going to be fixed by a friend for cheap, going to paid by insurance from a fender-bender or something I'm doing on my own.

The line items with red dots are those that concern me.

I was honestly considering parting ways with this car, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks I can have this work done with any level of quality elsewhere for less money.

The dealership is replacing the PSE as we speak. I would love to hear everyone's opinion on the value/non-value of having these specific repairs done at the dealership.

Thanks in advance,
dnouse

Attached Thumbnails Would Appreciate Feedback On Repairs-repairs.jpg  
Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by dnouse
I have 2001 CLK 430 with $165K Miles. I've had it for about 6 years and I've been pretty lucky with repairs thus far. I've had a lot of the common repairs come up; MAF, CPS, etc. All fixed with for minimal headache.

I've also had the same alarm problem a lot of people seem to have as well (flashing lights, no siren, etc). I also had trouble locking the the driver door with the metal key, so I brought it to the dealer today out of convenience.

I ended getting a laundry list of needed repairs (attached). Some of these repairs aren't a major concern because they are either; going to be fixed by a friend for cheap, going to paid by insurance from a fender-bender or something I'm doing on my own.

The line items with red dots are those that concern me.

I was honestly considering parting ways with this car, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks I can have this work done with any level of quality elsewhere for less money.

The dealership is replacing the PSE as we speak. I would love to hear everyone's opinion on the value/non-value of having these specific repairs done at the dealership.

Thanks in advance,
dnouse
come to philadelphia and ill repair all that for less than half the labor. alot of that stuff is minor normal wear and tear stuff. no big deal. find a good independant shop.