Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Rookie Error - C220 Coupe Auto Gearbox upshuft proble

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:51 AM
Default Rookie Error - C220 Coupe Auto Gearbox upshuft proble

Hi,

New to Mercedes and purchased a 2006 C220 CDI coupe Sport. Test druve was quick and rushed and did not show up any issues and bough the car as ‘sold as seen’ - dangerous I know (and very Naive).

having driven the car more on the second day issues started to show. Firstly, It feels like the car does not accelerate properly and takes a few secinds to react when you out your foot down. Secondly, I noticed particularly high reves and nearly redlining at 70mph. I then pulled on to a moterway later on and was stuck in a low gear at 40mph on the slip road, red lining and trying to match the traffic flow. Dangerous and not good with my son in the back.

Does anyone know what this could be and what its going to cost me?

Also, where I can get cheap breaking parts? Need some replacment headlights as the reflective mayerial has started to bubble up.

Thanks in advance.

stuperman.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:37 AM

Howzit Stuperman,
Sounds like you got caught with a bummer, but all is not in vain, that's if you want to keep the car and fix her up. Will be a bit expensive though.
Judging from the info you have given i would say that:
1) a good engine service is required ie;plugs ,filters, plug wires, maybe a new airflow meter, fuel filter,
2) transmission service, and a thorough one at that,
3) differential service .
4) brake system bled and new fluid, pads, check the discs if worn replace.
5) wheel bearings (front) rear ones seldom give problems
and,and,and. Yes may take a lot of money and time.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stu Henrik
Hi,

New to Mercedes and purchased a 2006 C220 CDI coupe Sport. Test druve was quick and rushed and did not show up any issues and bough the car as ‘sold as seen’ - dangerous I know (and very Naive).

having driven the car more on the second day issues started to show. Firstly, It feels like the car does not accelerate properly and takes a few secinds to react when you out your foot down. Secondly, I noticed particularly high reves and nearly redlining at 70mph. I then pulled on to a moterway later on and was stuck in a low gear at 40mph on the slip road, red lining and trying to match the traffic flow. Dangerous and not good with my son in the back.

Does anyone know what this could be and what its going to cost me?

Also, where I can get cheap breaking parts? Need some replacment headlights as the reflective mayerial has started to bubble up.

Thanks in advance.

stuperman.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Before spending any money on parts, I would suggest getting the car's error codes pulled. This will give you a good idea as to where the issue is coming from. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can provide you with any future part needs. We're happy to help with brakes if still needed.