New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

New owner - New problems....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 11:54 AM
Default New owner - New problems....

Hi,

I recently just bought a cheap 2006 MB C220 CDI Coupe Sport, Auto. Pleased with the overall car and nice to own a MB after having owned mainly Fords (and 1 Jag X-type - practically a ford mondeo).

However, after a succesful test drive, a day later the car appears to be in limp mode. Was first noticed when I was travelling at 70mph and the revs were surprisingly high (around 4000rpm). Then all appeared normal again. Then later the I got stuck at 40mph with no upshifting. And now the car won’t go out of furst gear, neither will it switch driving mode. There are no warnings on the dash and when the car was shifting it appeared normal, albeit a litte slow to responds. It is now particularly slow off the mark when you put your foot down it appears to hesitate a few seconds while the car catches up with the revs.

Has anyone got any idea what this could be? I’ve read a mixture of ideas starting with transmission oil, kick diwn switch, MAF Sensor or even Solenoid Valce in the control board.

Would be eager to hear from others with experience if this.

Thanks!

Stuperman

Old 10-26-2018, 01:47 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! Have you tried pulling the car's fault codes? This will likely give you a really good idea where the issue is originating from. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist with any future part needs.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Hello and welcome to the forum! Have you tried pulling the car's fault codes? This will likely give you a really good idea where the issue is originating from. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist with any future part needs.
Hi, thanks for the reply and the welcome.

I don’t have a reader. Had the old ford OBD2 reader but not a mercedes code reader. Taking it to a mates garage tomorrow to get it plugged in. Fingers crossed!

Old 10-27-2018, 04:36 AM

Hi Superman