Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

real stumper!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Default real stumper!!!

Hi everyone im Mike and im new to this forum. joined to share my experiences and problems with my newly purchased 2003 c230 kompressor. ok here it goes ive owned the car for about a year now. acouple months ago my battery died on me so i replaced it with a new one. soon after i noticed that an esp light would come up occasionally, aswell as the srs light. at the same time my turn signals started goin haywire turning on when ever they felt like it and the lights on the steering wheel controls would flicker. so now my turnsignals, wipers, cruise control, horn, radio controls are all not functional. at first i thought it might have been the clockspring or combination switch but i checked them with a meter and seem to be fine. evrything else besides this works fine so im stuck at the time because if its something i can fix myself ill throw myself at it in order to avoid a visit to the Stealer. if anyone has any ideas or sugestion please give a guy a hand i would really appreciate any help. Thax in advance to anyone taking a wack at it....

Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Default RE: real stumper!!!

To new for me. Sorry I can't help but good luck

Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 AM

These symptoms don't sound like the result of a simple battery replacement. In this case, I think it would be wise to diagnose the thing with a code reader first to see what's up. A lot of places will do this for no charge. Just see if it pulls up any codes. The problem may have nothing to do with the battery you put in. But you don't want to just start replacing stuff.....it's gonna be more expensive and a big waste of time. Diagnose first, then fix. My opinion. That's what I would do here. You can also just go to the stealership and tell them what's going on and maybe the service guy will know where to look. I know that's wishful thinking, but I did that once and it worked. Depends on the guy. You know.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the advise... I called a freind that owns a car shop n he told me that he can scan it for free. He also told me that it might be the Sam unit which usually goes wrong with these cars especially after disconecting the battery. Well il be taking it in today after work and hope it's nothing expensive. If anyone can think of anything else please let me know. And thanks to everyone for there help.