Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Default 2004 MB C230 Kompressor (USA)

Hello
Could you provide info or any troubleshooting steps on OBDII code P0410 for above vehicle?

Old 06-30-2009, 05:02 AM

hi i got merc c class 2.2 cdi v reg 1999 and is no power and and black smoke coming and in morning you press the brake to put it from parking position to reverse is cutting off
is anybody who knows whats the problem

thank you

Old 07-01-2009, 10:47 AM

I got 98 C230 key stopped working pl. advise

Old 07-02-2009, 01:11 PM
IKE
Default To star expert

2001 c320 mercedes

fuel trim bank 1 & 2 that is the reading off of the check engine light.
Any help thanks
ikebrewer@ sbcglobal.net

Old 07-07-2009, 01:44 PM

Hi,

I have 2005 C240.

Two days ago, the tilt steering wheel halt "up & down".....everything else is working in perfect.

I appreciate if you would help me out about.....the reason, the cost of repair, etc.

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Default '02 C240 alarm

Hello All,
I have a '02 C240 and when recently a problem has started. The electronic key unlocks the car and when i get in and insert in the iginition, half of the times the alarm start going. Then i have to turn the car off and press lock and unlock again on the electronic key and then i can put the key back in and start the car. Also many times, the car is parked and it starts the alarm sometimes in the middle of the night in the garage. I took the car to Sams club to get the battery checked and i was told the car battery was ok. The battery is probably 5-6 years old. I have replaced the batteries in the electronic key also.
Any suggestion or guidance is appreciated. The dealership wants $150, just to take the car in the back to check.
Thank you.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:30 AM

replaced dead battery C230K fixed most problems

I had to recode the radio, window movement, door looks, etc.

I now have everything working but the blower motor. So the A/C and heater do not work.

It worked great prior to the dead battery replacement.

Can I use a OBDII can to correct this problem or is it something more?

I sent in a request for help in Feb 2009 - but apparently either I missed the response or I never received an answer to my blower motor problem. The problem still exists.

Should I wait for another 6 months to get help or did I screw up in such a request?

Thanks,
Ray

Old 07-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Default replaced dead battery.

The problem in A/C could be the speed regulator. Sometimes there is a shortcircuit and it became out of service. So, you have to change this electric parts with a new one. Or sometimes couldbe the blower itself and the speed regulator. They are very expensive. Good luck.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Banned

hello_expert,

i understand you are to busy and to tired after replying to all this questions, but i would really appreciate if you could put me on the right track with my problem as mercedes dealer doesnt have clue what is wrong with my CLK200k coupe.
Problem is that, if i put petrol in car, car will run for five minutes and stall itself due to all petrol being transfered from driver side tank to passanger side tank by return line from fuel filter. It eventually draws air inside system and looses fuel pressure.
Both fuel tank level sensors work ok, have replaced fuel pump as well as fuel filter. I have been told that there is an internal fuel pump that transferes petrol from passanger tank to driver tank to keep petrol level equal and according to mercedes parts system, passanger side fuel level tank sensor should have this pump as part of fuel tank sender, but it isnt there.
I have pulled out both senders out from under the car, and no sign of internal fuel pump.

PLEASE HELP ME, I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by star_expert
All secrets of how to repair your Mercedes car as easy as 1 , 2 , 3 .
Problems in Keys
Problems in ECU
Problems in O2
Variant Coding
Airbag modifications
ATA ( Anti - Theft Alarm System )
All Star Diagnosis faultcodes repair+ Programming

All you need is just send me the problem that your car is facing , and i will send you the repair instructions.
hi my name is bob i have a mercedes c220 cdi 2004 my cd player will not work, i cant get the blasted thing out can any one help.

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets