Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:43 PM

Hi,

I have a 1998 C230 Kompressor sport, I have the key with the 3 buttons and the blade which slides up the side. The remote works fine, but on checking the key blade it fits the lock on the boot turns and opens the boot. The key fits the drivers door turns left and right but does not open the door can you tell me what is likely to be wrong Thanks.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Default Need new rotors on my ML 350 at 39K

Is this normal to need new rotors at 39k?

Old 03-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Default 2003 CL500 problems shifting out of Park

Hi,

I have a 03 CL500 the EIS was recently replaced and ever since it was replaced I have had issues shifting the car out of park, I would try sometimes 5-30 times and it would finaly give out and go into revers/drive. I was told that I would need to buy a new shifter but total cost w labor is 1.5K.

I have noticed if I move the shifter right as the car starts up, and have the emergency brake and put it in neutral until it warms up then I have no issues, but if I wait for the car to start and warm up then its 50% chance I will be sitting there for 10 min trying to get my car out of park.

Any ideas? could it be the EIS replacement? what should I ask my mechanic to look for?

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-16-2009, 02:10 PM

Oh and a reply to Versed, if your rotors are getting shaved due to break pads low etc then you would need new ones, if not then you should be fine. A good way to check is to take your finger on the outside edge of the rotor and slide it from the edge to the center, if the surface is flat then you are fin but if it starts high in the edge and then drops then your rotor might need to be replaced bc it is wearing out. If you want to be safe just take it to a small car shop and ask them if you need new rotors.

Also if you get a saftey check they will not pass your car if the rotors are worn out, so thats another good indicator.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by star_expert
All secrets of how to repair your Mercedes car as easy as 1 , 2 , 3 .
Problems in Keys
Problems in ECU
Problems in O2
Variant Coding
Airbag modifications
ATA ( Anti - Theft Alarm System )
All Star Diagnosis faultcodes repair+ Programming

All you need is just send me the problem that your car is facing , and i will send you the repair instructions.
Hi, I do hope you can help..warning lights stay on in the dash, abs light, brake pad warning light and red light (circle with exclamation mark in). Revs dropped to virtual cut out at junctions and speedo has stopped, all at once. Fluid level was fine, pads good etc. abs pump is good as a spare plugged in proved.
Any help would be so appreciated, thanks.
Matt (1996 C230 Kompressor)

Old 03-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Default 2004 c240

hi i have a 2004 c240 4matic. im not getting a check engine code or anything but the c240 is burning some major oil. i would say 2-3 quarts per month. the major thing ive noticed is when i push on the gas alot of smoke comes out the exhaust pipe. i brought it to a dealership and they said it was an internal problem. they said there was some oil on the spark plugs. i was thinking maybe the o rings??? any help would be great!!! you can email me at brandon.ellefson@uwrf.edu
thanks

Old 03-22-2009, 03:29 PM

I have a C280 sport 1997. The keybob suddenly stopped working. The card key backup works fine but is slow and has to be close to work. Mercedes tested the battery and infra red which seem fine. They suggest it is the red diode in the interior mirror that does not light that is causing the problem. They want to solder in a new one. What do you suggest please

Old 03-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Angry Check Engine Light - Rough Ideling

I have a 2003 C230 Kompressor with 68,000 miles. For the past month the check engine light occasionally came on and off, and when the light was on, the engine felt like it had a miss. I took it to a shop that specialized in foreign car service. after doing some tests, they determined the light was coming on because of low compression in one cylinder, and was cylinder head related. the cylinder head had to come off to determine exactly where the problem was coming from. with 68,000 miles?!? is this a common thing with this model, or has anyone had similar problems?!? the car was properly serviced and maintained through mercedes up to 50,000 miles, and scheduled oil changes were done at oil change centers on schedule after that. the car has not been hot rodded or abused. i don't know what to do, and i don't know whether its worth filing a complaint since the MB dealer is not doing the work. any advice on this matter before everything is put back together would be appreciated.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by mattyakb
Hi, I do hope you can help..warning lights stay on in the dash, abs light, brake pad warning light and red light (circle with exclamation mark in). Revs dropped to virtual cut out at junctions and speedo has stopped, all at once. Fluid level was fine, pads good etc. abs pump is good as a spare plugged in proved.
Any help would be so appreciated, thanks.
Matt (1996 C230 Kompressor)
I have a 2003 C230 Kompressor with 68,000 miles. For the past month the check engine light occasionally came on and off, and when the light was on, the engine felt like it had a miss. I took it to a shop that specialized in foreign car service. after doing some tests, they determined the light was coming on because of low compression in one cylinder, and was cylinder head related. with 68,000 miles?!? is this a common thing with this model, or has anyone had similar problems?!? the car was properly serviced and maintained through mercedes up to 50,000 miles, and scheduled oil changes were done at oil change centers on schedule after that. the car has not been hot rodded or abused. i don't know what to do, and i don't know whether its worth filing a complaint since the MB dealer is not doing the work. any advice on this matter before everything is put back together would be appreciated.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Talking ets

Hello mate, would u be able to tell me if is possible to disconect the ets on a new c series just by removing the fuse? Or does it need to do something else?
Thanks
Litrona1

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets