Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C230 CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:35 AM
Default C230 CD Changer

I'm a car stereo installer for a major company, and recently my girlfriend bought a 2001 C230. The car only came with a cassette, so I bought her a changer as a gift and decided to install it for her. Pulling the radio out, and most of the carpet from the center console, I found a three pin plug that plugged in the changer for power. Then I went looking for the fiber optic cable. The was only one free one behind the radio was labeled TELE, so i figured it wouldnt work. From what I hear, the changer goes in the glove box. I tried looking for another fiber optic cable, but no luck. So I traced the fiber optic cable to the trunk of the car, and on the right hand side under the factory bose amp there was one not used labeled SOUND 1. Well my question is does the changer go in the glove box or in the trunk? Also there's a 4 pin plug by the amp too. So did I order the wrong changer?

Here's something else I know, I know that the fiber optic cable is has a input/output wires, I opened the coupler from the cable behind the radio, and repin the connector that I got from the TELE and the changer worked, but the problem is that the fiber optic cable isnt long enough. Is there another part I need?