Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

C/D will not eject

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Default C/D will not eject

I have a 2005 C230K that has a store bought C/D stuck inside the C/D player in the dash. It plays fine however when I press eject it says "Remove CDO" and nothing comes out. If I press play it plays. This car also has the multi disc C/D changer in the glovebox.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: C/D will not eject

it can be the mechanism inside provided your cd is original and not too thick.

car is under warranty so it's advisable to let the dealer have a look first before deciding to pull it out.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:09 AM

Also most CD players, recorders, have a small pin hole near the opening where the CD or cassette goes, you can stick a bent straight paper clip into it, it is a emergency eject button inside. Like a jets, emergency ejection seat. On my 99 C280 it is next to the M in Mercedes Benz which is printed on the front. Sometimes this cures the problem. Also, I recently found if I play CD's that I have burnt and used CD labels, the CD labeles that are glossy get hung up in cassette player and single CD players. I have a Bose Cd radio at home and this happened and I found the emergency eject whole and had to push it a couple of times, A friend told me this glossy paper make it too thick and it get stuck in there. They work on a try CD player not not on cassette or singles CD players. If your a burner, buy non glossy paper. Also, use Nero burning software as it will burn music CDs on CD-R and you don't have t have a music CD, how it does that, is beyond me. I have tried them in all the CD players and recorders and even a DVD player/burner and the play. The magic of software. But is you are under warranty, do that first with the dealer. You should get a new Cd player out of it. As replacing parts is the norm today, they get more $$ from Mercedes than for most repairs.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:46 PM

I think I'll resist the temtation of trying to stick something in there to get it out and take the sugestion of taking it to the dealer under warranty

Old 02-22-2006, 02:44 PM

You misunderstood me. Most CD players have an emergency release, for the CD or cassette. I should have realized you are talking about a cassette not a single Cd. Ther should be an button on the back of the CD player, or a hole that you either push or if a hole slide in a end of a paper clip and there is a button that should release the casette. If you have a computer. look at the CD tray and you'll have a small hole on the front of the door, this is the emergency release, it is thre for the purpose of releasing the try if it will not open. HONEST

Old 02-26-2006, 01:12 AM

I had my CD magazine stuck but a dealer changed it for me under warranty. They even gave me a car to go to lunch in while they did it & I didn't even have an appointment. Left there with a brand new CD changer.. Bravo Globe Mercedes-Benz!!

Old 02-27-2006, 12:04 AM

samething happened to my 99' c230k and i'll i did was unplug the cd changer and plugged it back in and it ejected fine.