Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Boot/trunk will not open and no battery connected

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:37 AM
kk2
Default Boot/trunk will not open and no battery connected

Hi Guys,

My merc is a 1997 C200 w202

I have been reading the forum for an answer but have yet to find a solution to my problem. And apologies if the subject has been covered numerous times.

I had a dead battery and did the suggested thing and opened the boot using the 12v terminal posts in the engine. I then kept my boot open and went off to get a new battery. I then accidently closed the boot with new battery in it (it is actually broken and does not have any dampeneing mechanism on it). So I have a car with no battery connected.

I tried again to run some charge from the terminals in the engine and this does not work. How can this work if the circuit is broken i.e. no battery connected dead or otherwise)?

I took the rear seats off but this model has a metal plate behind the seats, so no access.

I tried lubricating the boot lock and using the manual key, no access?

One way I see it is to remove the rear shelf trim and cut the metal shelf below it with enough room so I can get to the boot. Would this be a major structural concern?

The car is not worth that much so not economical to go to MB or an auto locksmithe.

Any further suggestions would be a real help?

Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 AM

Go to the benzworld.org and read I made a ski-pass. W202 has the optional ski-bag extension.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:00 AM
kk2

Originally Posted by platonmind
Go to the benzworld.org and read I made a ski-pass. W202 has the optional ski-bag extension.
Thanks for that. I think that is the answer and will give it a try. My benz does not have a folding rear arm rest but the moulding is still there for the armrest and there appears to be enough room to be able to connect up a battery once in.

I do vaguely remember something about ski pass in the owners manual but never made the connection. Thanks again and will let you know how I get on.