Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Default Alarm problem

Hello allI am encountering a strange problem with my 2003 C320. This just started today. I drove to my kid's school, stopped the car, got out and locked the doors with the remote. Then the car alarm went off. I noticed that the passenger side front door lock did not lock. So I unlocked the car (the alarm turned off), locked the passenger door manually, locked all other doors using the remote and the alarm went off again. I was in a bit of a hurry so I pressed the unlock button on the remote and went inside. I came out an hour later the alarm was going off again. I pressed the unlock button on the remote the alarm turned off. I drove to work and the same scenario happened. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated before I contact the dealership. The dealers around here are not the most honest.[/align]

Old 06-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Default RE: Alarm problem Update

Here's what I did. I turned off the Automatic Security in the settings. That seemed to have fixed the alarm problem. The front passenger lock still needs to be locked manually. Last time I had this problem with my ML the dealer was going to charge me $1200 per door to fix the problem. Something about a leak in the vacuum system that lifts and pulls down the locking mechanism. I passed and said I'll use my fingers, they're free If anyone out there has any experience with this issue let me know if this is a DIY or should I just live with it.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:22 AM

ARE YOU SURE THE ALARM IS GOING OFF? ARE THE LIGHTS FLASHING? IF IT IS JUST THE SIREN GOING OFF THEN YOU PROABABLY HAVE A WATER FILLED SIREN. IF THE LIGHTS ARE FLASHING AND YOU DO TRULY HAVE AN ALARM SIGNAL THEN CHECK THE DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH.

P.S. LANCELOT WHATEVER DEALER TOLD YOU THAT YOUR ML HAD VACCUM ISSUES WITH THE DOOR SHOULD BE BURNT TO THE GROUND. THERE IS NO VACCUM OPERATED DOOR LOCKS ON A 163.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the reply Blue. The lights were flashing. I will check the driver door switch, but the problem has not re-occured. As for the dealer, I sort of figured they were screwing me, that's why I don't go there anymore.

Richard

Old 06-30-2008, 08:25 AM

update 06/28/08. Well it's been nearly a week and the problem has not reoccured. One thing I did notice is that when the outside temperature is above 65 F the lock on the passenger front door works fine. Any ideas?[/align]

Old 02-17-2009, 08:50 AM

Well the alarm problem is back. Last night the alarm went off. When I looked outside at the car the lights weren't flashing and the siren was blaring. After 30 seconds it truned off by itself. A few hours later t went off again, no lights just the siren. I've had the door switch on the pasenger replaced and the seat control module. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks in advanced.