Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

2001 C200 Komp 4 Door has an 'issue'

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Unhappy 2001 C200 Komp 4 Door has an 'issue'

Hi all, well in fact it has a few issues and my main issue is the dealership!

Has anyone experienced these symptoms before the dealer just throws loads of my hard earned cash at it!! Read on...

I drive the car for work, between quotes, i do drive it hard & quick, i noticed a 'lump' in the power steering whilst pacing on, then the following day lost power steering at 80mph, i slowed down obviously but the steering stayed 'away' until my next quote. I revved the car hard and the power steering returned.

On driving home, driving progressively quicker, the steering disappeared.

Called the dealer, they recommended i didn't drive the car (wow).

They have had the car a week now and cannot get the steering to disappear, so on further looking they say it has a lot of play in the drivers side of the rack and would recommend changing the rack (very expensive) but they will not guarantee it will cure it....

Any ideas?

Also, when the car is cold, left out over night, the car will not accpt the key, so you put the key in the ignition and is doesn't release the locks until its warmed around the key area - surely this is common, they say its got something on the computer but not sure what... am i being fobbed off?

Help someone please, especially with the power steering problem, i run Merc vans & trucks but they can't touch the car, they had a quick look and they seem to think aim for the pump first, but now i'm ebing told rack???

thanls

derek