Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

05 C30 Kompressor CPO about to expire.. what to check for...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010 | 01:46 PM
|
Default 05 C30 Kompressor CPO about to expire.. what to check for...

It's about to expire in a week. Car has about 50K miles, it's been very well maintained and checked but I want to make sure I get everything that can be repaired fixed.

Here is some recent work:
-Transmission pan gasket leaked, this has been replaced twice. It was replaced around 20K miles and about 49K miles leaking about a quart each time. The transmission is still in very good shape due to the oil changes and being super careful, however it dos slip ' a little.' I'm trying to get the dealership to do more transmission work.. but they are resistant because it doesn't 'slip' to them...

Any suggestions? I'm worried that in 10K miles, it can fail completely, or it will go another 100K miles, no one knows. I'm really going to have to keep an eye
on the pan it seems...

-Front sway bar bushings were replaced as well as other bushings. This is good. Rear, I haven't checked/complained about it...
-Thermostat was replaced because it was stuck open a few k miles ago. Additional coolant was topped off so that's good.
-Pulley and belts were replaced 2x or 3x at around 20K miles because of loud noise.

Areas of concerns:
-Power steering. The power steering is 'very' stiff. It's been like that since day one howevr, after it was CPO'd. I was told by the dealership once that this is 'normal' but I'm just not convinced. Every other Mercedes I've driven (though admitedly I have not found a 05 C230 Supercharged.....) has had much smoother power steering. Thoughts?
-Rear supension
Bushing etc.. can go out.. Shocks/springs? How does one test it?
-What else?

I'm going to put the car on jack stands to take a look. I'm very familiar with Japanese cars.. but not

so much with German cars.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Last edited by hellombowners; 01-06-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2010 | 08:10 AM
Talking

OK> I have the exact same car w/ 170,000 miles on it. The power steering has never been "stiff", so I don't know what's going on there. I never had a problem so far with my steering or the pump. The trans fluid and filter need to be changed around 90,000 or sooner if you are worried about it. The good thing for you is the pan has been off a couple of times and new fluid was put in after that job, but......did they replace the filter at the same time? I doubt it, and that's really important. Find out or do it. There are a couple of other things like an electrical plug, etc. that they will (should) replace at that time. Yeah, bushings in the front go, but you did that. Don't worry in the rear. Change the coolant! My thermostat already went some time ago. (Use the correct coolant and distilled water). Keep changing the oil and filter (Mobil 1) and keep your fingers crossed.