Please Help! child lock activate and door handle broken - Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Old 02-01-2017, 12:39 PM

Unhappy Please Help! child lock activate and door handle broken

Hi,

I have a Class B Mercedes 2007, we have 2 children and activate the child lock to the back door by switching the button. Now we have the door handle outside broken and cannot open the door at all. It is a very painful situation as it should be a small cost to repair the handle. Now no garage have solution to help us. If you have any idea to help, I would be very grateful
Thanks, Johan
Old 02-14-2017, 10:13 AM

Default same problem

Hi I have the exact same problem with my A Class, the child lock switch is on the inside of the door and can only be deactivated once the door is open, can anyone suggest a gadget to release it when the door is shut... is this the same as yours Johan?

only then can we get the door panel off to fix the door handle - looks expensive....