Go Back  Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums > Mercedes Benz Models > Mercedes C Class
Reload this Page >

No radio reception & door remote works only when aimed to door handle.

Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

No radio reception & door remote works only when aimed to door handle.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Default No radio reception & door remote works only when aimed to door handle.

On my 2005 C240 the remote door opener only works when you are rightnext to thedoor handle. I changed the batteries but it didn't help. Also the FM and AM radio doesnt get any reception. It's like the antenna is broken. Does the antenna control both the radio and the remote key control?

Old 12-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Default RE: No radio reception & door remote works only when aimed to door handle.

It was the fuse. I replaced it now all is well again.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Default RE: No radio reception & door remote works only when aimed to door handle.

which fuse was it, my door remote is very weak.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:25 AM

Have 2001 C320. Fuse #8 controls the RF for the rear window antenna amplifier that allows for remote key entry and trunk opening using the RF, and boosts antenna reception for the radio. Those two symptoms point to either the antenna amp or some break in the antenna. You then have to be up colse to the infrared on the door to open the doors and trunk. I replaced my fuseand it blew again so I am off to the dealer!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:18 PM

I seem to have the same problem with a 2002 C230K Coupe does anyone know if the fuse would be the same for my car?

Old 01-09-2008, 06:29 AM

It should be the same. It is a 7.5 A (brown) fuse located in the left side of the boot.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the quick response. The fuse tested okay and I tried to find another fuse that might be involved. The fuse layout does not refer to the RF or the amplifier and I thought that was strange. This is my first Mercedes and I enjoy the ride but a radio and remote working would be nice.

PS. I am also battling the rattles in the cargo area.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:29 PM

I'm having the same problem... Odd timing especially, as I just took it in to the shop and they surmised that it was a cut in the rear window antenna and quoted me $1,500 for the fix! I'll definitely try the fuse asap.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 AM

I'm not convinced the problem was properly diagnosed by Mercedes when I had them check it. They told me that I would have to replace the Combar and the was a possibility of them breaking the rear window. Also, they indicated they would have to call in someone to remove the headliner as well as the window to replace the Combar.

If they were not able to get to the Combar without removing the headliner how were they able to determine that is what causes the problem?

If they replace the combar and the problem isn't resolved do they continue looking for a possible solution at over $100 per hour.

I would be interested in how your problem is addressed.

Thank you.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:35 PM

I had a professional install an after market antenna that attaches to the window soI now have reception on the radio and didn't have to drill any holes in the car or spend over a thousand dollars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No radio reception & door remote works only when aimed to door handle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.