General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

a.s.a.p!! help with mercedes c200!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Default a.s.a.p!! help with mercedes c200!!!

im having problems with my mercedes c200. i started experiencing problems after i had put in a new battery. the car is starting up fine, but on the display it reads 'visit workshop! display faulty'. i followed the manual instructions on how to fix this, but later on another message came up on the display saying '1 malfunction'. ive tried reading through the manual but find i can not get rid of this message. with this problem, im finding my:

~indicator lights are not working

~fuel gauge is not working

~wipers are not working

~central locking on the boot is not working

any help would be much appreciated as i have tried about everything. thank-you!!

Old 09-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Default RE: a.s.a.p!! help with mercedes c200!!!

Hi,
You've managed to suppress the warning message...Visit workshop instrument pack, but it hasn't cured it hence the 1 malfunction reminder.
If the car thinks the instrument cluster is bad this is quite possible linked with some, but I don't think ALL, your problems.
I think a good starting point subject to your desire and competence to try something yourself is to
a. Disconnect / reconnect the battery after leaving it disconnected for 10 mins or so.
b. Disconnect/reconnect the multiplug behind the instrument pack (you need a special tool for this available on eBay)
If neither of these actions clears the problem I'm afraid you are into a dealer visit. They will hook up diagnostics to the car and advise what fault code(s) are present. From this they should be able to suggest what action is required.

This warning is indicative of the instrument pack having gone bad or the speedo cluster (mileage) having been tampered with.
Sorry but can't think of any other ideas that will help you.

Stuart