General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Banned

Hmmmmmmmmm....horn honks intermittently...could be you clockspring...need to check it properly!

-mar-

Old 02-05-2009, 01:49 PM

hi quick question for you i have a ml 270 o2 plate and to the left of the steering wheel on the dashboad there is a red on off switch do you know what this is for its not mentioned in the manual but looks as if it was standatd with the car.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by MASTERBENZ
Hmmmmmmmmm....horn honks intermittently...could be you clockspring...need to check it properly!

-mar-
Horn only honks when key turned to position 2, and no other time...except when I want it to...but every time it is turned to pos 2, and only 1 honk. Still think clockspring? If so, I will investigate.

Thank you for your wisdom...

Old 02-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Default no start 2000 E-320

battery up, fuel ok, remote key locks and un locks car, however key turns in ignition, instrument cluster lights up, but engine does not turn over. can trigger starter at relay and it turns, but car will not start. can you point me in the right direction. I purchased a DVD (service Manual Library) and it is as useful as a screen door in a submarine. thanks-Alex

Old 02-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Default child proof door locks?

Is there any way to lock the passenger door in my 2007 GL450 so that it can only be opened from the outside. I want to stop my 2.5 year old from opening the door from the inside.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Default 2002 c240 Radio and door lock

I have a 2002 C240 97,000 mile and i'm having a problem with my door locks and the radio, I dont get anything on AM and FM is not real clear. I also have a problem with the door locks. I can lock and unlock with the key fob on the passenger side but most of the time it will not work on the drivers side . I bought a new key fob and it didnt make a diference, is there a connection with the radio and the door locks? Appreciate any help I can get. Also, the back shade will not go up. I have only used the shade about 5 times since I have had the car. I'm the original owner
Thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Default I'm in need of a miracle ASAP, and calling God!!!

from what i've read your like a Car god please i need help with one car i have that i purchased, then in a week when it was pluged in MB Service computer nothing but errors and ! to almost every single test ....3 mb dealers can not tell me the problem they claimed unless they take the carpet apart and follow the wires to all computers,due to not knowing what is causing allthe errors even the power windows reads an error but the windows work fine.

please help any advice willbe gladly appreciated thank you

Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 AM

Hi I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and can help he diagnose the problem.

When i start my Mercedes C270 CDI in the morning, it fire's up perfect but the idol on the rev counter seems to bounce, not fast just up and down a fraction? The idol will go down like it is about to stall then pick up again to normal but it will do this constantly? When I drive to work which is 25 miles away it seems to clear itself which I am finding rather odd?

One person said to try injection cleaner which I have? Then I took it for a full service but still seem to have the problem? I called the person who done the service and he said it would be the Coil???? Now this is when I thought I would ask you experts first!

So if you can help i would really be appreciated!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by MASTERBENZ
Your car has a most system (fiber optic), which means that if one of your components that is tied in you most system is shutting down causing your radio to be inoperative. You have to get that check using an sds (star diagnosis) diagnostic tool. Rear sunshade bad...pretty common that the motor goes bad on that model.

Take care,
-mar-

Ok, Thanks for the info. Thanks alot . But Can you please break it down Barney style for me. As how to get these issue fixed and how much it would cost me. Please let me know. Thanks in Advance... Mr.MasterBenz

Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
AO2
Question 190e threaded ring chain tensioner

lets see if your trained MBA degree can help me out on a 93, okay so this will actually just help me put the car back together just so i can get an actual MB mech. to tell me what is really wrong with it =-P but ok so i have a 93 190e 2.6 sportline and i need to know what tool exactly i could use on the threaded ring for the chain tensioner....my haynes book does not mention size...says large allen key or hexagon bit but biggest ones i can find at sears dont even fit

Quick Reply: Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!