General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Power Antennae and Blower Motor ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Default Power Antennae and Blower Motor ?'s

Need some help if possible (1995 C280):

1. My blower motor makes quite a bit of noise on and off during driving. Typically always noisy (rattling sound?) when on high. It does still blow both heat and AC though. Someone mentioned the bearing may be going bad. Can this be repaired (greased) or must the motor be replaced?

2. The antennae broke off in a carwash. The motor of the antennae still operates. Do I need to replace the whole antennae motor or is the intennae itself replaceable?

Thank you i advance for any responses.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Default RE: Power Antennae and Blower Motor ?'s

There is quite a bit of discussion about blower motors here and on other sites/forums. Try the search function to see what comes up. You can also search on my new site across many of the sites:

http://www.everythingbenz.com

Maybe also look at some parts sites to see if you can get a picture of the motor (if you have not already looked at the one in your car). Maybe that will give you an idea on what you're dealing with. Plus, might as well find out what it costs to just replace it. If it's cheap, maybe you should just go ahead and replace.

Are you absolutely positive that the noise is coming from the motor? Just wondering if something could be loose somewhere.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 AM

The noise is definetely coming from the blower motor as when I chnage the fan speed the noise throttles up and down. Especially when first starting in the morning, but always some rattle. My Benz guy said the bearing was loose but could not be greased or replaced. The blower motor itself needed replacement. It's definetely the blower motor, but I would hate to replace it if I don't have to.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:35 PM

I hear ya. Not sure what is involved to access it but if you can get in there before you buy the part you can try to troubleshoot/lubricate. I have no idea if that's possible -- hopefully others will -- but again you might want to look for a picture of the part on a parts site to see what you're dealing with and determine if it is worth a shot. Good luck.

If you search here or on my site (see below) you should be able to find info on how to access the part.