General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Default HELP PLEASE!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I need to remove the radio in my 2000 ml320. I got the 2 radio removal keys. The right side clicks in and i can pull it out, but the left side the key just slides all the way in and never clicks. What can i do to remove the radio????? I tryed twisting and turning and nothing seems to work. Help PLEASE!

Old 03-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Default RE: HELP PLEASE!!!

Have you tried the key both ways round?
It only engages in one direction.
Once you have pushed it in the slot it should click into position and be difficult to get out again.
Have you tried the key that works on the other side of the radio, to ensure you don't have a faulty key?

The radio is held in place by two little sprung loaded ski ramps on either side of the radio. These have to be pushed in so that the blunt end of the ramp can get past the metal aperature frame of the fascia. The device is intended to make it difficult to remove without the correct tool to discourage theft.

Trying to enter a thin bit of metal from the cabin side is very difficult / impossible by design. If you can get access to the rear of the radio then inserting a thin 1/4' strip of metal will press the ramps into the radio without much difficulty. NOTE: IF YOU CAN GET ACCESS from the rear.

If you lever on the black plastic surround of the radio it will cause the clips on the mouldimg that holds it to the metal case of the radio to break. Be warned.

Send me email address and I will send photo of the retention device. For some reason my MAC OSX 10.4.4./ Safari won't allow images to be attached to this site even when they meet the limited size requirements. Anybody tell me whats wrong?

Stuart.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:54 AM

I did try all sorts of things with the key and am now sure that the spring lock thing is broken. I will try to access it from the rear. In case i can't, any other way you can think of? Please send the pics to genevoloshin@hotmail.com

Thanks for the help....i really appreciate it!!!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:01 PM

hey guys my radio is coming out pretty easy with the right tools that i bought but does anybody have the wiring diagram for the Stock radio? i have a panasonic Head unit that i want to put in. But i called couple of shops and they refuse to give me the wiring diagram [:@]even when i offer them money... on the cassete thing i t says BOSE but i dont have a CD changer. Any help?

Old 04-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Search the stereo threads on www.club202.com. There are discussions about Panasonic, wiring diagrams and what you can/cannot do with your Bose system. Fair warning - search www.club202.com before asking the same questions that have already been answered on their forums or you may get abused.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 AM

Help with radio removal. Does anyone have the pics of the clips that hold the radio in place? I am sure that mine is broken on one side and I am trying to access it from the rear of the radio.