General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Getting to Blower Motor Resistor in 2003 CLK

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Default Getting to Blower Motor Resistor in 2003 CLK

Howdy guys -

Hope this post finds you well.

I believe I have a faulty blower motor resistor or blower motor in my 2003 CLK . . . I have removed the blower motor assembly and have it sitting here on my kitchen table . . . the motor blower resistor is encased in the same plastic housing that covers the blower motor . . . the squirrel cage won't allow me to slide the blower motor resistor out of the compartment in the blower motor housing . . . I see no additional screws (I've removed the two screws that hold the blower motor resistor plate over the blower motor resistor. . . but still, the fan/squirrel cage obstructs my efforts to remove the blower motor resistor.

The only thing I see that I can manipulate are three white tabs which appear to extend from the motor side of the blower motor housing into the fan/squirrel cage area - are these what I use to release the fan/squirrel cage so that i can access the blower motor resistor? I suppose my real question is simply - how do you separate the blower motor resistor from the blower motor assembly in a 2003 CLK . . .

Thanks in advance to any and all that offer guidance!!!

Old 02-08-2014, 11:00 AM

As an aside, I have 12V in the feed line from the car to the resistor . . . I cannot get to the resistor wiring for the reasons stated above and thus, I cannot isolate the problem between the resistor or the motor blower.

Thanks again

Old 02-08-2014, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by disbarred
Howdy guys -

Hope this post finds you well.

I believe I have a faulty blower motor resistor or blower motor in my 2003 CLK . . . I have removed the blower motor assembly and have it sitting here on my kitchen table . . . the motor blower resistor is encased in the same plastic housing that covers the blower motor . . . the squirrel cage won't allow me to slide the blower motor resistor out of the compartment in the blower motor housing . . . I see no additional screws (I've removed the two screws that hold the blower motor resistor plate over the blower motor resistor. . . but still, the fan/squirrel cage obstructs my efforts to remove the blower motor resistor.

The only thing I see that I can manipulate are three white tabs which appear to extend from the motor side of the blower motor housing into the fan/squirrel cage area - are these what I use to release the fan/squirrel cage so that i can access the blower motor resistor? I suppose my real question is simply - how do you separate the blower motor resistor from the blower motor assembly in a 2003 CLK . . .

Thanks in advance to any and all that offer guidance!!!
Yes ! those are the clips you need to manipulate to remove the blower out of the way. I use screwdrivers. Careful not to stab yourself. you will butcher up the clips a little bit but usually just unclipping 2 of them a little bit will allow you to remove the regulator.