General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Fuel/Stalling Issue. PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 12:27 PM
Default Fuel/Stalling Issue. PLEASE HELP!!!

My Car is the UK Version 2014 CL500 - C216 - 4.7 Blue Efficiency
Previously the car was running perfectly before the following happened: I drove on to a drive and because one of the drive concrete slabs were sticking up/protruding it caught the bottom of the fuel line & unloosened the fuel pipe & hose Clamp, then following this one day it completely unloosened & the car would not start due to the fuel pipe & hose disconnected & fuel pouring out of them every time ignition was turned over. Got the pipe & hose fixed with a new clamp by mechanic and car then started okay. Until I took out on road and stalled or just cuts out after a short time. Engine Management light comes on. Eventually restarts & then cuts out again after 10 mins. At idle speed it usually ticks over ok without stalling. I'm really puzzled with this as the car was running perfectly until the clamp was knocked & eventually hose & pipe came loose. I receive the P0087 code relating to fuel pressure low in the system, but the hose & pipe fixed and no previous issues before, Why? I was told that it could be the Fuel Pressure sensor, High Pressure Fuel Pump or Filter. I've replaced the Sensor, still the same. But why would these suddenly be faulty when they were running perfectly before as there was no real fault? Any help/explanation/advice in this would be much appreciated as been driving me absolutely mad, really baffling as well & don't want to be buying expensive parts that are not needed? Thanks.