General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Airmatic Master General Lord King??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 08:18 AM
Default Airmatic Master General Lord King??

Airmatic Master General Lord King??Hello to all, looking for some advice from the Master General Lord King Boofoo of Airmatic .
Here are the details:
2010 S550 4matic
Overnight driver's front shock has been sinking at a slow rate. Comes right back up in the morning when I start it and drive through the day without any issues or warning lights. Had put in two new front Arnott shocks last year so didn't suspect them, but wanted to test anyway. I isolated them with separate lines and shut off valves and tested them for a day with no leakage on either side. Then I wanted to test the line going from the air block to the shock so I ran a new line and I'm still getting a leak overnight so I'm assuming that ruled out a bad line. BTW, passenger side goes down as well but not as much or all the way as the driver's side does, I've been told it will automatically go down to compensate for the weight distribution, don't know if that's true. Finally, I removed the supply line from the compressor that leads to the valve block and put it in water and I am definitely getting bubbles so I know the air block is leaking back somehow, not sure if it's supposed to do that at any point in time(car was not running), ie if the car is still awake or not completely locked up. Don't know if I'm testing that correctly, maybe should be waiting a certain amount of time after ignition turned off etc.
Anyway I'm thinking the valve block is bad because in my hours of research I kind of remember reading that there should be no air coming back through that line. I have no problem spending the money, but don't like just throwing parts at a repair without a fair amount of diagnosis. And of course, I sprayed down the entire system that I could get to at the Valve block, compressor, and shock towers and visible lines with soapy water, not seeing any bubbles or leaks.
Any other testing I can do( not sure if the level sensors or compressor could be of suspect for this situation), or If the consensus from all the Master General experts here is the valve block, would you go for any of the less expensive ones on Amazon or go straight for an Arnott or Mercedes.
Thanks for everyone's help in advance!
Adam