General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

190E Alarm removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Default 190E Alarm removal

Guys,

I have a 92 190E 2.0 Manual with what I think is a Piranha alarm on it......The fob got destroyed in a DIY accident...and now the alarm won't turn off. Being smart , I decided to remove the alarm myself....a few angry wiring ripping minutes later, I have my ignition lights turning on....but no actual ignition. e.g. all electrics come on when I turn the key once...but turn one click more, and there is no turn over or ignition at all.

My best guess is some kind of immobiliser, but not knowing anything about the alarm, I have no idea. I have posted some pics to see if they help you help me.

I know i'm a **** for just ripping stuff out....but there was something in my head saying "how hard can it be". P.S. I have no money, so the usual "ring a fitter" isn't gonna be much use, sorry [&o].

I have 3 wires left, i think (red/black x2 & a blue/white).

Kind regards

Adam

Old 06-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Default RE: 190E Alarm removal

Guys,

I have resolved my issue, and just in case anyone else is dumb enough to have done what I did, then here's the quick solution.

In the top connection plug in the picture, there is a yellow/red wire, and a purple wire...snip these 2 wires, and join them together.

Sorted! starts first time...and now the alarm is completely out of the loop. Then just wait till the weekend when you have more time, and remove all the sensors & wires, the alarm unit...and cut back the 2 new joined wires till the join is not in the engine bay and safe

Any other basic advise on what I have done here...and also what I should consider would be great.

Adam