Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Real Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Exclamation Real Radiator

I have a real problem here. I am trying to order the radiator for my benz and I have gotten into a situation. I have gone online and found the "correct" radiator from the manufacturer that sells to Mercedes, however they have 3-4 different part numbers for the same radiator! When I talk to them they say that any of them will fit, if that is the case, then why all the different numbers? So I got disgusted and called my local Mercedes dealer and asked the parts guy and believe it or not, he had a different number as well. What I'd like to know is does it really matter about the part number if they all spec the same radiator? Does it really matter if the dealer has a different part number for the radiator that the manufacturer sells??? Then again, why would the manufacturer have 3-4 different part numbers for the same part? I need the real radiator! I need to get my vehicle fixes asap and can't afford to make an expensive mistake. ANY information would be highly appreciated!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Did any of the parts places ask you for your Chassis Number and the VIN number? If not ask them if they had the Chassis number if they can find the correct part.

Also take a good lookt at your Radiator it is possible that the part number may be on the Radiator in small numbers. Mercedes numbers a lot of the parts it sells.

Also have you tried going to a Radiator Shop and asking them if they can replace the Whole Broken Tank Section. (I am assuming you have a Radiator with a plastic Tank on each end that is crimped in place.)

Last edited by Diesel9112; 02-25-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 PM

This is what I found at one parts place. Note the part number and in the next colum the Chassis number 201.***; you will need to find the plate on your Car that has your Chassis number.

I would verify this as stated above but when I looked up your year and model it said it was a 201.126

See the Chart in the thumbnail pic.

Attached Thumbnails Real Radiator-radiator-201-chart.jpg  
Old 02-26-2011, 03:30 PM

Oh, no they did not ask anything like that! Even the dealer I called didn't mention it. I am so glad you responded! We went out and looked for the chassis number and found it! It has the corresponding number that you listed, and on the chart! Whew I thought I was never going to get the right part. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh I am happy now.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 PM

Ok, another big thank you! My radiator is on its way and it didn't cost me as much as I though it was so I can't stop grinning now. thanks "D" I appreciate your response!

Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Default 1989 se 300

Have to replace radiator fluid every week...only drive 20-30 miles...keeps in the garage'''lots of pressure when removing cap from reservoir. Small amount of fluid stain on right side of radiator. Where is this fluid going ??? HELP !!

Old 04-28-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Freddie B
Have to replace radiator fluid every week...only drive 20-30 miles...keeps in the garage'''lots of pressure when removing cap from reservoir. Small amount of fluid stain on right side of radiator. Where is this fluid going ??? HELP !!
There should be some pressure on the radiator, with a warm engine. Excessive pressure indicates a blown out head gasket, a cracked head, or a cracked cylinder. Since you're having to refill in 20 to 30 miles there might be some condensate dripping out of the tailpipe with a warm engine. I would suggest taking it to a radiator shop and having it leak checked. They can check the whole system, and usually don't charge a whole lot for the procedure. You could be simply overfilling the reservoir and it is burping the excess out.