Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Locked out

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Default Locked out

I think I locked my keys in the trunk - anyone kow how to get into the cabin or the trunk? It's all locked up, bad news.
I hope I did lock them in there coz otherwise I probablay left them in the trunk lock and someone took them - all my keys, right outside my house... dumb me.

________
Starcraft 2 replays

Last edited by paddo; 02-19-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Default RE: Locked out

Found the spare in the van luckily, and sure enough keys were in the trunk - rejoice!
Anyway now the topic is here, maybe would be useful knowledge but obviously no urgency anymore.

________
Herbal Health

Last edited by paddo; 02-19-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: ForcedInduction

You are pretty much SOL for getting them out easily or cheaply.

You have 4 options:
(If you can open the cabin) Remove the first aid box from the rear deck and try to fish the lock with a long piece of wire
Order a new key from an MB dealership
Call a locksmith that can open that kind of lock
Break out a tail light assembly, reach in and open the lock manually.
Hmm good info. I guess the dealership can make a key from the vin number?
If in a hurry I guess the best option might be the tail light if a cheap junkyard replacement could be found.
I read on another forum that you can tap into the central locking air tube system with a T piece, and install a tire valve in an unobtrusive place. then if stuck, just pump it with air pressure from say a bike pump. i think I'll probably do that mod since am a bit flakey with things like this. HOwever I am surprised it needs positive pressure, since the central locking locks and unlocks all doors from the driver's key, even with engine not running. Seems quite likely it just runs on vacuum.

________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by paddo; 02-19-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ForcedInduction

If you have a D then it is all vacuum.

If you have an SD then it works on vacuum and pressure. The pump in the trunk is what works the locks, to unlock them it just reverses to pump them open. I think it might be easier to wire a switch to trigger that pump since most people don't carry a bike pump with them.
It's an SD. I guess when you turn the drivers door key, it activates that motor? I seem to remember though, that when the car has been sitting for a fwew days, the central locking doesn't work - just opens the driver's door. But not sure about that.

________
Buy vaporizers

Last edited by paddo; 02-19-2011 at 02:11 AM.