Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

best WVO conversion system

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Default RE: best WVO conversion system

ORIGINAL: greaser

No, you're part right Paddo - I'm glad you caught it. .5 (Point Five) micron not .05. I put the decimal in the wrong place - oops. Excessively small even VS. greasecar's recommended 5 micron - that's the idea I'm getting at. Alexander from Elsbett told me in person (insert your best heavy German accent here) "Point five micron filtering critical."
I'll admit sometimes I go to 1 micron and have definitely run 5 micron through the system, just to see. But strickly speaking it's .5 WVO or SVO reccommended.
OK yes, 0.5 is still v fine - 10X finer than the finest I've heard recom'd before this. I am getting oil from a fish restaurant which is much better than most UVO.

Maybe it would go through a 0.5 mc filter bag OK - do you know where you can get those or what material could be used as a strainer bag?

Currently I use greasecar bags which i think are 10 mc but not sure - mgiht be 5 mc. Sounds likely that Elsbett have done a lot of research to base this recommendation on.

EDIT: just checked greasecar.com and they have a few different bag fliters. they have 2 1 mcm filters - one o fhtem is a 2 stage bag, inner at 5 mc and outer at 1 mc. That sounds quite good.

________
Strain index

Last edited by paddo; 02-19-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:34 AM

Maybe it would go through a 0.5 mc filter bag OK - do you know where you can get those or what material could be used as a strainer bag?
these guys have 1mc and .5mc

http://www.dudadiesel.com/

Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 PM

No, unfortunately DieselAddict no parts of this system are available A La Cart. It is expensive - but they've got a great warranty. I'm sure you can call them, and they always respond via e-mail. I use an electronic filtration system and let gravity work some magic as well. THe filter bags I've used are dual layer.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Dieseladdict

these guys have 1mc and .5mc

http://www.dudadiesel.com/
I looked - the 0.5mc polyester bag is $15 + shipping - not too bad and hopefully polyester lasts a long time. I could fit my 5 mc greasecar bags inside it. But the 1mc polyester bags are just $4, and would still be pretty good I think. Shipping seems reasonable, about $6 for 3 or 4 bags.
Waht i'd like to get is just the filter cloth. Should be a lot cheaper than bags, and would work better - eg could clamp it around a pipe so the filtration is completely enclosed, don't have to worry about overflow. this would also allow increased pressure, eg by raising the height of the supply.

________
Chevrolet kadett specifications

Last edited by paddo; 02-19-2011 at 02:12 AM.