Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

95 e300d electrical failure, need help!

Old 01-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Default 95 e300d electrical failure, need help!

yesterday I was driving and my horn started going off sporadically. depending on where the steering wheel was it would go off without me pushing the wheel. then today the horn when completely went out along with my blinkers. other stuff may have gone out as well but im not sure. At the same time yesterday my SRS light came on. Im thinking the wiring behind the steering wheel is bad and that it needs to be fixed. what do I do???

Old 01-22-2015, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by GabeF137 View Post
yesterday I was driving and my horn started going off sporadically. depending on where the steering wheel was it would go off without me pushing the wheel. then today the horn when completely went out along with my blinkers. other stuff may have gone out as well but im not sure. At the same time yesterday my SRS light came on. Im thinking the wiring behind the steering wheel is bad and that it needs to be fixed. what do I do???
Your particular year and model has a known problem with the wiring harness. The insulation degrades over the years, and causes various shorts and other electrical problems. I am not saying that this is the cause of your issue, but if it is a wiring harness problem, the only remedy is its replacement. Good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 e300d electrical failure, need help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.