For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: '87 560 SEl w126 Excellent 75+ Photos

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Smile For Sale: '87 560 SEl w126 Excellent 75+ Photos

Thanks for taking a look at my amazing 1987 Mercedes Benz 560sel. Selling only because I need a Suburban for work...otherwise, I would never part with this gem. Asking $4995 or best offer. Car is located in Sun Valley, Idaho. 2.5 hrs from Boise airport, 1.5 hrs from Twin Falls Airport, 4.25 hrs from Salt Lake City airport. There are also direct flights to Sun Valley from Seattle during our high season [now].
W126 chassis is built to last. Learn lots about this amazing hand made vehicle at Wikipedia: Mercedes-Benz W126 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See 75+ high res photos at this link: https://picasaweb.google.com/dpeszek...eat=directlink
Current mileage roughly 172,500. Mileage will vary as I use this car.
No accidents or body work, no rust, no issues. I have extensive service & maintenance records
since my ownership, however, I have no records prior to my ownership. It appears that the car
has been well cared for and garaged most of it's life.
Come with a car cover, my records, and two keys. Add $1000 for the Yakima roof rack & ski
box [brand new] and add $250 for the nearly new studded snow tires. These prices are not
negotiable.
The window tint has saved the interior from fading, cracking, and sun wear. However, the
window tint may not be legal were you live. You may need to check into this and either remove
some or all of the tint, or have lighter tint installed. Tint is easily removed with a heat gun in a
few minutes. I've never had an issue, but I've been living in sunny western states - other states
are more hard core about this.
The basics [thanks to the MB Classic Center for providing this info]:
Engine # 11796812035906
Trans # 72232302979342
Produced: Sindelfingen
Shipped: July 27, 1987
Paint: 040 Black
Interior: 271 Black Leather
Options:
226 Rear Foot Rests [no longer with car]
442 Driver's Airbag
461 US Instrumention
491 US Version
519 Becker Radio Grand Prix Electronic Cassette - USA [since removed, but comes with car]
524 Paintcoat Preservation
551 Anti Theft
581 Auto Climate Control
597 Green Heat Insulating Glass
634 Elimination of First Aid Box [but there is a factory one in the car...?]
636 Elimination of warning triangle
639 634 + 636
807 Model year 1987
872 Seat Heater for Rear Seats
873 Seat Heater for front seats
I purchased the car in September of 2009 with approx 159,000 miles. At that time, the vehicle
was in excellent condition, and I could tell [though I don't have written proof] that the following
items had been recently replaced by the previous owners: Radiator - Water Pump - Thermostat
- Brakes - Summer Tires - Alpine CD/WMA/MP3 Player w/ I-Pod Connect & Controllability,
Sirius/XM compatible. The A/C has been converted to the newer R134a from the original R-12.
Learn more about the Alpine radio that is in the car here: http://reviews.cnet.com/in-dash-carstereos/
alpine-cda-9884-radio/1707-6729_7-32810196.html
Upon purchasing the car, I performed the same maintenance that I do with ANY used car: Oil
& Filter change [since changed every 3 months or 3,000 miles, always synthetic], trans fluid &
filter change, power steering fluid & filter changed, hydraulic suspension fluid changed, new
Bosch Iridium/Platinum +4 spark plugs, new distributor cap & rotor, coolant flushed & refilled,
4 wheel alignment [performed by Mercedes Benz shop foreman], bleed & replace brake fluid,
new engine air filter, replace fuel filter, all new belts, new rear axle fluid, new wiper blades, new
headlight wipers, and re-charge a/c [which was formerly converted to the new R134a]. At that
time, I also took care of some needed repairs: new fan clutch, new right & left tie rods & drag
link, driver's door window regulator, and a new windshield. I also had the entire car gone over
by a Paintless Dent Repair professional to remove any little dings, etc. Dash cover installed
[dash is perfect - no cracks or fading].
In January of 2010, I took care of some common long term preventative maintenance..these are
items that most people never touch, but knowing how these cars are built to last forever, if you
take care of these items, they will last forever: Replacement of drive shaft support bearings -
Antenna - rear springs changed to HD non SLS springs - complete replacement of timing chain,
guides, seals, gaskets, tensioner, camshaft oiler tubes, and camshaft sprocket gears - Right
headlight replaced at this time due to water leak - another new windshield was installed at this
time under warranty, due to faulty installation the 1st time around. Rear springs were changed
to the non -SLS springs due to a common known weakness in the Self Leveling System - the
rear shocks, which are hydraulically pressured from the engine, often times leak with age,
causing the car to sag. This is a common problem on all w126's. There are NO LEAKS IN
THE SLS system in this car - I simply wanted to preempt any future issues by having the non-
SLS HD springs installed, which means that they hold the car up, not the shocks. This does not
effect ride quality at all.
In May of 2010, I replaced the left axle assembly due to a torn CV boot. Most folks would have
simply replaced the boot [a $15 item], but I elected to replace the entire axle, as I was unsure of
any contamination having gotten into the CV joint. At this time I had the rear axle fluid changed
again to a higher quality fluid that I had sourced, complete with the MB recommended Moly
additive.
In late October 2010, I ordered brand new studded winter tires mounted on brand new wheels.
Since the original factory wheels were toast, they were disposed of and now the car has two
sets of nearly new tires [winters have about 3000 miles on them, summers about 7,000 miles on
them].
In December 2010 the starter motor was replaced with a Bosch OEM unit. The original most
likely [in hindsight] was not bad....it turns out my Neutral Safety switch was going bad.
In February of 2011 I replaced a broken vacuum control valve and a weak idle air/speed control
valve. Also installed a new Optima Red Top battery.
New Sisal fiber floor mats [front] May 2011.
Of course throughout my ownership the vehicle has been continually detailed, maintained, with
oil & filter changes every 3,000 miles or 3 months, using synthetic only, and fresh air & power
steering filters every 5000 miles. The auto climate control works as it should, with strong heat
and ice cold A/C. All power windows, doors, seats, vacuum items, sunroof, trunk, ABS, Cruise,
etc. work as new with no flaws. Rear seat reclines electrically. All seats [front & Rear] are
heated - two stage factory heaters [hi/lo].
The only flaws on the car are as follows:
1. Normal stone chips, minor scratches.....car looks new from 20 feet, and damn good up close.
Some paint rubs on the front & rear bumper corners from previous owner's poor parking.
2. Needs to have the Neutral Switch installed [I have it]. Currently the car's starter is engaged by
using a specially wired in switch on the dash. This is a simple install - about 30 minutes once
the car is on a lift.
3. Passenger side mirror motor is bad. I've replaced the toggle switch already...it's the motor.
4. Minor wear on the driver's outside seat bolster...less than you'd expect, but it's
there. You can replace the leather with new leather from GAHH.com, or you can put
a sheepskin seat cover on it, or you can do nothing. GAHH Online StorecPath=51_3438_259_2322&search_for=Seat%20Cove rs&products_family_id=2
5. Front seat backs - the cargo nets have been torn off on the passenger side and stretched out
on the driver's side.

Contact me if interested at dpeszek@gmail.com
Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails For Sale: '87 560 SEl w126 Excellent 75+ Photos-img_20110519_152352.jpg   For Sale: '87 560 SEl w126 Excellent 75+ Photos-img_20110519_152105.jpg   For Sale: '87 560 SEl w126 Excellent 75+ Photos-img_20110519_152431.jpg   For Sale: '87 560 SEl w126 Excellent 75+ Photos-img_20110414_170248.jpg   For Sale: '87 560 SEl w126 Excellent 75+ Photos-img_20110609_152948.jpg  

Last edited by dpeszek; 06-28-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: contact info