Other Post discussion on all other models not listed above here.

Smart Car Invasion

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Smart Car Invasion

But how will it do against BMW's Mini?

Old 02-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Of course your passengers should be comfort able i am sure that u would agree that no one has ever cared what seat they get in ur 560sel or 735i cause i know when i drive my 560 or 300 no one ever cares. Me and my friends go somewhere though in my friends supra its like ok who gets squeezed in the back? Yeah i also agree a neon is too small in the back. When i go and look at other cars i always check for rear leg room if i think there my ever be people in the back. Thats y it sux that i have to get rid of both of my w126s to get the C36 sacrifics must be made in life. [sm=boohoo.gif]

Hmm an S55 AMG would be a nice fix for that or maybe an E55. Not yet owned a "fast" car time for the reward.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 PM

"They will smoke most American cars easy. Remember this thing is made by Mercedes so it's made to run." -- BlackWolf

Truer words have never been spoken.

I have to agree with you, you are right. But still, the ForTwo looks more extroardinary and much more amazing than the ForFour in my opinion. And the ForTwo would smoke the Mini. I think the Minis look ugly. Who would actually want to own a Mini when they could own a smart ForTwo?? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

The mini looks like a pug especially the new ones.

S55 AMG, fast roomy for a load of friends. Plus what's the point of having a fast car if no witnesses can fit on the inside without being folded and or "packed away". I like the fact that you buddies are relaxing to realize you are passing every car on the road and there is no loud "lawn mower" sounding exhaust pipe noise, no earthquake scale shaking, jerking amd feeling every little crack crevice in the road, no itchy uncomfortable cheap material cloth seats, or no loud deafening wind noises. It's a plus to be able to be fast and then pull up to a five star hotel without looking out of place.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:10 PM

Hi

I just got to this forum. I'm really looking forward to see the Smart cars in the USA. They are perfect - and they are easy to tune. When you talk about crashing in those ... well look for your self :-)

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%22smart+car%22

Old 04-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Take note, I'm in Germany and I see these things all the time and seen a few of them crash. Yeah, of course you're okay running into another smart car. That's like taking my 560 and crashing into another 560. More than likely the damage will be identical. But if I took my 560 and ran into something like a new Camry, I'd rip through it like tin foil.

Eveer seen these thing hit a full sized BMW going 160KPH? I have and the guy didn't live.
One got ran over by a semi because the drive didn't see him.
One got Scrapped by a Saab.
One just ran off the road and flipped.
One hit a 3 series and it was ugly for the little guy.
And I could go on with a few more.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:22 PM

Today Dieter Zetsche released Great News! Smart WILL Be sold in the States through PENSKE
Looks Like Zaps future will be VERY SHORT!

The Smart IS a Car the States can Use as I Drive Mine daily to LA and its a Blast!

http://smartenthusiast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=657

http://smartenthusiast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=447

Old 06-29-2006, 02:13 AM

The Smart kicks A**, I had one as a rental on a business trip and was throughly impressed. Also this car is very safe, there are fewer fatalities in this car than most other cars (in Europe).

Old 07-13-2006, 07:12 AM

I see that this post hasn't been active in a while, but I'll still post my comment.

They just announced that there will be an electrical power Smart car and should start selling in a couple of years. I think that would be perfect for overcrowded urban living like it is in Europe, maybe even NY or SF, but the smart car should most defnitely not be sold anywhere other than the east and west cost.

I have seen one here in Seattle a couple of weeks ago, I think the guy imported it from Canada or something. They let you do that, but you have get car modified so that it passes all the standards in the US. Overall my point: Smart will be a success.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:17 PM

George bush said that these cars are un american and that anyone driving one might as well be a terrorist beacause they do nto pollute enough and do not use enough oil. what a =bad man

Quick Reply: Smart Car Invasion