Other Post discussion on all other models not listed above here.

I miss my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Default I miss my car

I miss my car (86 420 SEL) Me and my dad dropped it off at a shop overnight on friday and the guy said he will be done with it by morning. This shop basically works on mercedes, bmw's and porsches so we trust these people. The guy was going to adjust the idle control valve(because at P or N it goes to 1000 RPM) and replace all shocks(since they are the original from 86). Unfortunately we got a call saturday morning the bolt holding one of shocks is melted and couldn't be removed so he needs the car until monday. He has to get one of his top technicians (which wasn't there on saturday) to remove the bolt with special equipment. Anyway I've been Mercedes Benzless (did I just invent a new word?) for about two days.

But before we brought the car to the shop, my dad got new tires for my car and they make this car feel like a sports car. It handles extremely well. In fact they handle so well that when someone was tailgating me around a sharp turn, I was going so fast and had such good grip on the road that the car behind me went off road because it didn't have the grip to handle the turn at such a high speed. Lol, I was laughing as I looked in the rear view mirror and saw mud all over his car. It goes to show that you don't mess with a Mercedes.