Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

You guys with GPS be awared!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006 | 10:04 PM
Default RE: You guys with GPS be awared!

I assume ur using the word child to refer to my numerical age.
No. Your altitude.

Old 02-09-2006 | 10:08 PM

I'm not sure. I thought they were separate, but maybe they're shared, now that you ask. They are separate antennae but may share the same "casing," for lack of a better word. Is staff better? I dunno. Anywho, there's probably a better way to disable the cell phone than destroying the antenna.

Old 02-09-2006 | 10:10 PM

Considering the power of the equine lobby, and kangaroo lobby, and the other lobbies, it would take decades before those taxes would be on the books. I could easily stay one step ahead of the tax goons.

Old 02-10-2006 | 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Ride on![sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 02-10-2006 | 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Geesh. What is this world coming to? Well I guess I'll never buy a new car if they are going to do all of that. And what is the reason for all them chips besides being nosy? Is America becoming a dictatorship? Next thing you know they will be installing tracking chips on newborns on the reason of "they could be suspected terrorist of the future." I hope our "privacy" holds out a little bit longer. Why can't the government just mind there own buisness and invest their time into solving the real problems that they tend to push to the side every year?

Plus financing a car, as much as I hate it, can be a good way to build credit to buy something more expensive like a house in the future. Or you could settle with a bunch of credit cards.

Before I financed my first car for a short while, (even though I could of paid cash for it easy), I couldn't even get a credit card because I had no credit. Now I'm good but now only thing that's stopping me from getting absolutly any loan I want is just history which just takes time.

Old 02-10-2006 | 12:02 PM

It's usully a good idea that starts things off, then they get abused by overzealous bureaucrats. For example:

- GPS is a navigation tool.

- OnStar is a concierge service that includes navigation help. It can also read ECU fault codes when the CEL light comes on and provide you with that info. It can unlock your doors should you lock yourself out of the car. It can notify authorities when the airbag deploys and then provide the car's location.

- The blackbox was designed to give the manufacturers crash data in order to make cars safer.

- LoJack was designed to locate stolen vehicles.

- Cell phones are for communication, most often private. If they're turned on, they can be tracked both individually and as a group.

None of these are government projects meant to track citizens. The GPS System was built by the US military then subsequently made available to the public for navigation purposes. However, "for your own good and safety" some of these have been commandeered by government agencies to make their jobs easier.

BTW, unless you consciously cover your tracks you're already being tracked. A chip would just make it easier and faster to capture you, if the need should arise. There's hardly a rock you can hide behind nowadays.

Old 02-10-2006 | 11:57 PM

For most honest, simple, or naiive people....yes there is hardly a rock you can hide behind nowadays.

But...unrelated to the topic, I just stumbled across a fact that 50% of us don't want to hear. Here it is:

With the help of billions of dollars, best high-tech gadgetry, an arsenal of finest spy satellites, and the most sophisticated and successful spy organization, THE SEARCH STILL COULD NOT LOCATE the very tall bearded dude!

Old 02-11-2006 | 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Ain't that the truth.

Old 02-11-2006 | 12:39 AM

It depends on who's looking. You can bet your last bananna that several people know where he is but aren't willing to share that info with the US.

The US knew where he was for a long time. Then he got smart and stopped using his cell phone and satellite phone and other trackable electronic equipment. Then we wanted him but couldn't locate him. The guy's hiding in a cave somewhere in some mountain and living like a mole. He's contained. He may as well be in jail. He's afraid to move.

Here's a personal experience I had. I went to Yugoslavia (nearly 20 years ago) with a group of church people (I almost married an almost nun) on a group tour. Anyway, we had a free day when everyone could just do whatever. We were walking around away from all the touristy stuff in a semi-rural area. Some guy we had never seen before walked up to us and told my girlfriend that her mother called and had bad news about her father. It took awhile for us to get to a phone that we could use to call the US, but when she called her mother she found out her father had died. For the whole trip home, which was an unscheduled trip, we were approached by people who were waiting for us and knew who we were, where we were going, and why. Even the flight attendants on the overseas flight knew about us. Moreover, we later found out that a lady in the group took a picture of some military jets that flew overhead where she was wandering. She was scooped up and taken to a police station and interrogated. They took her film and let her go after they realized she was just a dumb American lady.

Old 02-11-2006 | 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Being in the army especially, I know I'm being tracked, i know any phone call I make from the base is tracked and recorded. Hell, I can hear the cheap bug in place on some of the pay phones and regular phones. They gov. is spying and has probably been doing so for a while but they don't have to make it so blatent. Hell, I carry around and ID card with a chip in it that's in plain view everyday. When I go on post here, they scan it, and my info and base privelages pop up on a screen. That's why it's serious when you lose these IDs over here. Lots of paper work and time to get a new one. Even have to fill out a police report. That's why I placed *privacy* in quotations, because I know privacy truely don't exist today, but really I rather sometimes not know about all of that. But that I do know I don't worry about and won't lie about it. I said I wrote it and will claim it. But when it profits them most, the problems will be solved.

I think people know where the bearded guy is but it wouldn't profit them right now if he was captured right now. They probably got a squad radioing his every move, waiting for the order to capture or kill when "The Man" and his friends made enough from him.

rules of miltary post, no taking pictues of structures buildings or anything. I know some people of military families just taking group photos and security came out the wood works and whisked them away. They was let go minus camera.

Soon there will be no point for job interviews or resumes. You walk into an employer office, they type you name into a database and all your info shows up from ya habits, activities, spots you visited, and everything else that really have nothing to do with the job. "Another way of keeping the citizens of the United States safe and supplying them with a worry free quality of life."

Quick Reply: You guys with GPS be awared!